Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Haltech Pinout

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BADASS03SVT 
#1 ·
If one were to purchase a Haltech Elite 2500 with the patchloom, does it come with a base map (or diagram) with the pinouts identified? Or do you have to dissect the patchloom and the oem harness then assign/configure the software?

#2 · (Edited)
The pinouts are dynamically configurable, Josh. The Haltech s/w allows you to (within some limits) assign different services to various pins and then you can command it to print a configuration map for you. Some of the assignment limits are digital signals must remain on digital circuits but can be on any digital circuit and analog must remain analog.

PM Mofasta (AJ) or Jake they are both running Haltech Elite 2500's. Jake is running his as a speed density system and AJ is running his as a mass air system. I think you will find a considerable amount of very good information available from either.

Ed

p.s. FWIW Haltech has some very impressive engine protection capabilities built right into the h/w and s/w. Like many other Haltech features your ability to customize and tailor to your particular needs and wants is quite impressive. There is also a piggyback capability so you can use the Haltech to only run the engine and use the OEM ECU to handle all the other OEM stuff like the dash etc.

#5 ·
The pinouts are dynamically configurable, Josh. The Haltech s/w allows you to (within some limits) assign different services to various pins and then you can command it to print a configuration map for you. Some of the assignment limits are digital signals must remain on digital circuits but can be on any digital circuit and analog must remain analog.

PM Mofasta (AJ) or Jake they are both running Haltech Elite 2500's. Jake is running his as a speed density system and AJ is running his as a mass air system. I think you will find a considerable amount of very good information available from either.

Ed

p.s. FWIW Haltech has some very impressive engine protection capabilities built right into the h/w and s/w. Like many other Haltech features your ability to customize and tailor to your particular needs and wants is quite impressive. There is also a piggyback capability so you can use the Haltech to only run the engine and use the OEM ECU to handle all the other OEM stuff like the dash etc.
You are absolutely right about the pinouts Ed. However, when you use the patchloom, the ECU inputs/outputs attach to the OEM harness, so I want to make sure I know what attaches to what so I can configure the software. For example, if I don't know what pin on the Haltech ECU is attached to the TPS input, I can't configure the pinout without dissecting some things.

The Haltech does have excellent engine protections built in. When I would mess with the holley software, I'd open up Haltech's software to steal their engine protection ideas and configure them into the Holley stuff.

#3 ·
Josh, give them a call and talk to them. They are very informative. If you get the plug and play harness they will give you a base map. I plugged in all the necessary parameters and the car fired up. You will not be disappointed with it! Feel free to message me about any of it.

#4 ·
Thank you Jake. That's really what I was going after. I have an extremely half-assed tune that I've built in the software using what I've gathered on here and yellow bullet. I've been messing with it as much as I can trying to learn it, but there's just so many things it can do, so it's going to take awhile. I also noticed that Injector Dynamics doesn't have the haltech data posted for ID1300's, so I'll need to get that from the unless someone has it. I will definitely give them a call though. Do you just call the Haltech USA line, or do you recommend a certain vendor?

#7 · (Edited)
Josh, as Jake and ED said above the haltech software is a little different than Sct Pro Racer stuff but way more defined and expandable.
IMO its the only way to go if your wanting the most out of set up and protection to go with it, not to mention the on board datalogging is worth its weight in gold. Also being able to make adjustments in real time while running motor is A+ in my book, as Jake said give them a call and jake or me can help you as needed.

AJ
Mofasta

ps- Here's how I set up my components on the board I made>

Circuit component Audio equipment Electronic instrument Wood Electronic device

#8 ·
Josh, as Jake and ED said above the haltech software is a little different than Sct Pro Racer stuff but way more defined and expandable.
IMO its the only way to go if your wanting the most out of set up and protection to go with it, not to mention the on board datalogging is worth its weight in gold. Also being able to make adjustments in real time while running motor is A+ in my book, as Jake said give them a call and jake or me can help you as needed.

AJ
Mofasta

ps- Here's how I set up my components on the board I made>

View attachment 158361
Thank you AJ. Your board looks really good. I'm sure there's not much movement, but maybe you could toss in a few grommets just in case.

I have been using the SCT PRP since it came out. I even had the old software. Of course, I got the car dialed in about 10 years ago and haven't really had to make any adjustments until recently. I threw in some ID1300's, put in the data and the car didn't run well. I messed with it and got it running decent and then decided to do a little maintenance. That little bit of maintenance turned into a battery relocation and possibly a wire-tuck. I figured since I have everything tore apart, it would be as good a time as any to upgrade my ECU. I have always just assumed I would do the holley stuff, so I spent a little time getting acquainted with it. The stuff is really great. There are a few bummers about it though. One, the stuff is expensive. If you do the dominator, dash and smart coils you're looking at about $5K. You also lose your odometer/instrument cluster unless you get creative. My days of that are coming to an end. I just want things that work and support my goals. The Haltech does just that, but I have to figure the software out. This will just have to come with practice once I get the ECU on the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.