Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Mach 1 6 speed gears?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dsg2003mach1 
#1 ·
Hello! I just bought a 2003 azure blue mach 1. I traded in my old 2000 gt convertible and I don't know why I waited so long to do it. I was told that everything is stock except for a catback and intake. I know the mach 1 comes with a 5 speed but mine is a 6 speed and I was also told that the 6 speed came stock with my car. Also my rpms around 80mph in 6th are pretty close to 3k probably like 2800-2900. I was told that the previous owner did not install gears. So my question is did they make any mach 1s with a 6 speed or is that aftermarket. And with the high rpms I think it has 4.10 gears but I could be wrong it could still have the stock ones. Not too familiar with these cars it's much different than my GT so any help would be appreciated thank you!!

#2 ·
No Mach 1's came with a factory six speed and I am not sure about the gears. You could jack the car up, mark the driveshaft and then spin the rear wheel one revolution while counting the rotations of the driveshaft. If the driveshaft rotates just over 4 times in one revolution of the wheel, you've probably got 4.10's.

#3 ·
Hello! I just bought a 2003 azure blue mach 1. I traded in my old 2000 gt convertible and I don't know why I waited so long to do it. I was told that everything is stock except for a catback and intake. I know the mach 1 comes with a 5 speed but mine is a 6 speed and I was also told that the 6 speed came stock with my car. Also my rpms around 80mph in 6th are pretty close to 3k probably like 2800

YEP...no mach came with a 6 speed. Someone probably did the upgrade to t56...depending on if it is a stock t56 or the magnum will make a difference with gears. With a t56...3.90's or 4.10's would be perfect IMO...
It would be hard to actually tell without pulling the cover and looking at the gears. There is just to many variables...

#7 ·
I would imagine you could also find a part number on the trans if you get under the car and look around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.