Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

new build process

15K views 46 replies 5 participants last post by  LITTLEMAGS 
#1 ·
Previous combo was a teksid stroked 4.6 (3.80 Kellogg crank, manley rods and diamond custom piston) COG driven procharger with 100shot....couldn't ask for more. Last year decided to switch to a standalone and got a great deal on a used FAST XFI 2.0 and pulled the trigger. Decided while it was apart I needed to upgrade my roll bar to a cage.

Anyways...fast forward to install of XFI and we noticed overheating issues. We assumed was because I switched to a different (smaller) radiator but was actually an engine problem. I had moved sleeve #4 UP in the block. After tearing everything down I made the decision to switch to a turbo setup.

I will update more when things move along

#43 ·
well...not posted in a while but after my last cage mess I decided just to do it myself. so did thru the floor frame tie connectors, mini tubbed, new rear end, etc, decided to do upper and lower Marty Merillat's. His stuff FIT perfect and was easy getting in. THE stock stuff SUCKKKKKEDDDDD getting out though. ADVICE to anyone who wants to do it..it is MESSY and time consuming.. couple of pics from the last few months. I usually only get to work on the car 4-5hrs a week so things are slow but I enjoy the process so this is enjoyable to me.

- - - Updated - - -

couple more progress pics

Attachments

#47 ·
View attachment 169873 View attachment 169875 View attachment 169877 View attachment 169879

- - - Updated - - -

a few more pics fright after this past weekend paint....starting process of reassembly... View attachment 169883 View attachment 169881 View attachment 169885 View attachment 169887

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice job - everywhere, Dom.

Your attention to detail is nothing short of impressive.

I particularly like your wheel tubs. That is a PITA job and your came out exquisitely!

Ed
I spent a LOT of time looking at other peoples stuff and to be honest....Youtube racestatus did give me a lot of help with him doing videos of him putting in tubs into his notch....we do have some differences but nothing major. I can say one thing is that it is very scary to cut into a car for the first time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.