Binary Editor Help

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Array

Default Binary Editor Help

I have had this for almost a month now and can't get a response from Coretuning (I have tried all 3 contact names on the website). I have a couple questions that I would like answered so that I don't feel as though I just put $600 in the trash.

I am getting a hardware error for the Mongoose cable. It works and connects fine when I use the toolbox program, but not through Binary Editor. I think it's possibly do to the following...

Who and how do I contact the person who gives the correct 4 codes for the token? Or is this done at a later step?

Thanks
    Steve

ETA: This is where I am stuck...

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 09-24-2017 at 04:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

So it must be a problem on my laptop, I can open up the Strategy fine on my desktop. I'll keep looking in to it. Any advice is still appreciated, thanks!

I will still need to get the token codes I'm assuming (it lists 5 and tells you to contact for the correct 4)
    Last edited by ITSTOCK; 09-24-2017 at 05:03 PM.

I normally get a response from Clint in one day sometimes even the same day, Steve. The email address is [email protected].

Binary editor uses several serial drivers that you need to install. It is covered in their documentation. If you have not installed these Windows will not be happy and it won't recognize a number of serial devices. The Mongoose cable is not a traditional serial device. The Mongoose cable is a J2534 device and needs an additional license for its use. If you bought one of the packages it should include the license. If not you will still need to obtain the license. The Mongoose is attached through a USB port. I don't believe it requires the serial drivers I mentioned earlier but I am not sure because I do not use the Mongoose.

If you email Clint he will either give you the information you need or point you at where you can download it. My recommendation is the download because you will do this again whenever you upgrade your computer and I guarantee you will have forgotten by then.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

So i guess I just need to wait for them to give me the sequence codes, and hopefully that is some time soon. My USB dongle does come with 1 token. I'll resend the email.

Quote Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
    So i guess I just need to wait for them to give me the sequence codes, and hopefully that is some time soon. My USB dongle does come with 1 token. I'll resend the email.
    What sequence codes are you referring to Steve?

Ed

Senior Member Array

Ok, got it! Clint got right back to me and it was simple, I just needed to enable the OBD2 port. Now on to figure out the next step already (my problem, not theirs). It was tuned with SCT PRP.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 09-25-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Clint is excellent, I have never waited for a response. Glad it worked out for you.

These aftermarket programming tools for the Ford ECU's are not finely finished big company aftermarket products — even ones like SCT's PRP package. As a result there is a learning ramp as you start to use them. You will build familiarity with the tools the more you use them. Hang in there things will get better with time and practice.

Ed

Senior Member Array

He got back to me right away, it was a stupid error on my part (not enabling the OBD2).
    Last edited by ITSTOCK; 09-25-2017 at 06:48 PM.

If you have not yet be sure to get LaSota's book and use it for a guide as you progress through the tune. It will help you.

Ed

Senior Member Array

Ed,

I'll definitely get to that point, but for now, I just wanted to be able to adjust the timing in the current tune. That's why I asked if I could make adjustments to the current SCT tune in the other thread. It seems to be getting caught up on the wrong strategy now, not sure, hopefully I can get it straightened out and make it to the track Friday.

It keeps showing up as strategy FBGI0 , is it possible it needs to be FBGH0?
    Last edited by ITSTOCK; 09-25-2017 at 06:50 PM.

FBGIO if memory serves correctly is the AMZ 1 or 2 strategy. Sounds like you have all the correct stuff.

If you haven't already, I would get the Don LaSota book read it and use it to build your tune. You can harvest things like engine displacement, manifold displacement, injector parameters and MAF Xfer transfer function data from the PRP tune and use them in yours.

I don't know what the glitch is reading the PRP tune but I would go to the BE support forum and run the flag up the pole to see who salutes. I'll bet someone has run into this issue already and has a ready fix for it.

Ed

14. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread