Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

4g alternator pulley - 8rib 2.3" (58mm)?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dsg2003mach1 
#1 ·
anyone know if I can find such a thing? Put a 200 amp alternator on the car but its not spinning it quick enough at idle (2.6" pulley currently). I picked up F65Z-10344-AA but it doesnt sit flush on the alternator so its spaced out 1-2 ribs, no way its gonna line up. Does such a pulley exist?

#2 ·
it appears the answer is a resounding no - the GP720 (part number for what I mentioned above) is the only thing out there and needs to be machined.

#3 ·
You might want to try some of the aftermarket alternator manufacturers, Jerry. They usually carry a pretty complete line up of pulleys and some manufacture specials in sizes you request. My first stop, of course, would be the manufacturer for the unit you have right now but after that I would hit all the usual suspects. I think you will find the pulley you are looking for in one of their parts bins.

Ed

#4 ·
I thought about that but thankfully my uncle has a machine shop so I should be able to get it knocked out pretty quick (and free). The person I bought the alternator from didn’t have anything for it but I didn’t try anyone like mechman

#5 ·
#6 ·
That was one of the threads I found that convinced me it was going to have to be machined. I work with my aunt, shes giving my uncle the pullies to measure and I'll have it back later this week. Hopefully this resolves the charging issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.