Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

pi swap oil supply pocket on head deck?

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  eschaider 
#1 ·
Sorry for duplicate post I posted last one in wrong section.... New to the forum.... I am in the process of doing PI swap on 98 f150 Windsor motor.... I got heads from a 02 4.6 romeo motor.... my factory heads have a triangular pocket on the head deck where the oil supply hole is but the newer PI heads do not have this pocket... is that pocket necessary to have on the PI heads? I have them at the machine shop now so want to get this taken care of now before they get them done... any help with this will be great... I already know about compression being higher and will be getting another tune to compensate just need to know about this oil supply so I don't ruin the heads or anything else

#2 ·
My experience is all 4V so I don't have any meaningful PI experience although there are others on the site that do. I am hoping one of them will know the answer to your question.

In the mean time if you could take a pic of the head showing the location in question it might be possible to noodle it out.

Ed

#6 ·
That is for the oil feed to the valvetrain. Om 4V engines the holes line up exactly. On 2V engines they have apparently located the hole differently for some reason. The cavity provides access to the oil feed for the valvetrain. If the head feed hole lines up with the block you are all set. If it does not then you need that or a similar sort of cavity to connect the block oil supply to the head oil feed.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.