just a 2v

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just a 2v

Default just a 2v

Hey guys I wanted to share my build with you. It's been a 7 year project and it's finally starting to come together.
    It's a 2000 gt with a 4.6 2v
    -cobra crank
    - Manley rods
    -custom cut diamond pistons
    -trick flow twisted wedge heads
    -custom grind comp cams (specs very similar to cms stage 3 blower cam)
    -built th400
    -Neil chance converter
    -chromoly shaft with 1350 joints
    -35 spline axles
    -minispool
    -Aerospace brakes
    -all mm suspension front to rear heavy duty torque arm, panhard bar, weld in rear sway bar, k member, caster camber plates, coilovers with tokico adjustable shocks and struts.
    -engine is powered by a Holley dominator

I'm sure I'm forgetting so much but it gives you an idea of what I have going on.
    Check out my build series I just started on YouTube and let me know what you think . Trying to get more subscribers to follow the build.

https://youtu.be/Z4-1BWuLulU

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Very nice and well done build! I have a setup similar to yours and it's tons of fun to drive in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreen View Post
    Very nice and well done build! I have a setup similar to yours and it's tons of fun to drive in the streets.
    Really just out of curiosity what the details on yours? I have no idea what to expect for power or how the torque arm will work at the track?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgoldstang View Post
    Really just out of curiosity what the details on yours? I have no idea what to expect for power or how the torque arm will work at the track?
    I own the car since 2006 and have worked on it since then. Almost everything was changed over time. The short list would be

Engine:
    - Teksid block 0.020 oversize
    - Cobra crank
    - Manley rods
    - Diamond pistons (Gibtech not available at the time)
    - Cobra oil pump
    - Moroso oil pan
    - TFS 2v heads
    - Kenne Bell 2.6H

Transmission:
    - For the firsts 10 years the car was manual with a T-45
    - 2004 4R75W
    - J-Mod
    - Added clutches
    - B&M Shifter
    - CircleD 4C torque converter
    - Quick4 Controller

Fuel
    - 2x Walbro 255lph
    - Kenne Bell Bost-A-Pump
    - Cobra fuel tank
    - -8AN hoses
    - MMR fuel rails
    - Siemens 80# injectors
    - Fore regulator
    - -6AN hoses back to the tank

Suspension
    - MM Adjustable rear control arm, solid bushing
    - MM Panhard bar
    - MM Torque Arm
    - 4 Koni yellow shocks
    - MM Caster/Camber Plates
    - MM Coil over on the front

Brakes
    - 13inch slotted rotor
    - Cobra calipers
    - Hawks HPS pads

ECU was original tuned by Eric Brooks, but now I have Binary Editor with a Moates QuarterHorse so I was able to retrieve the tune and use it as my base tune and do some adjustments.
    I have the J&S Vampire knock sensor. If you don't have that, I definitely recommend getting one! It save my engine a few time already.

I have never been on the dyno so I can at best guestimate the number, and I'd say somewhere in the 6xx hp. The car ran 10.18 @ 133mph last autumn, and weight about 3850lbs.

The traction with the torque arm is great! Just need to nail the angle correctly. I did constant low 1.4 60', until a day where it was bellow freezing point, so more power, and 60ed a 1.34 on that day, on 26inches radials. Traction is not an issue, power is!
    Here is the video of my best time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LSpyuWD4BQ

Also, with the suspension setup, the car handle really good. 1.1G lateral and braking. I change absolutely nothing between street and road racing track. For the drag racing track, I put on racking slick on the rear and that's all. No change to the suspension or anything. So yes, this suspension setup can handle 1.3 60' and 1.1G in the corner
    Video on the road racing track: https://youtu.be/YO9eKaapsSQ?t=60

If you need me detail about anything just ask me. Good luck with your build.

Wow very cool thanks for all the info, glad to hear it performs well in both. Also nice driving.

What’s your YouTube page, I would like to hear the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

222built on YouTube
    Sorry guys I'm pretty bad at updating these
    Last edited by 2kgoldstang; 02-10-2019 at 09:31 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread