Fuel injector O Rings
+ Reply to Thread
    Member Array

Default Fuel injector O Rings

hi Guys last year i installed a new set of injectors and during some recent maintenance i noticed some slight damage to the upper O rings, the MMR rails I have are not Chamfered and have a sharp edge!

I had some new ones and installed them for two days but a luck goes i needed to pull the rail agin to change a fitting and I discovered my new O rings had become soft and jelly like in 48 hours!!

the lower ones are original coloured browning are great...anyone know a part number for them and where i can order them online?
    thanks Jonathan

Name:  IMG_4741.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  51.7 KB

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I think these will fit the bill nicely, Jonathan => Fuel & Oil Resistant Buna-N Metric O-Rings

Ed

p.s. Before attempting installation chamfer the injector registers in the manifold and fuel rails to remove any sharp edge(s) if any exist. Use a small amount petroleum jelly on the o-ring and the register you are installing it into, to aid in assembly.

p.p.s. Apologies Jonathan, that is a lower o-ring. You were looking for uppers. I'll have an upper part# tomorrow.
    Last edited by eschaider; 11-10-2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Added Postscript

Jonathan,

I just measured my top o-rings for a set of Siemans Deka injectors. The top and bottom o-rings are the same size. I thought they were sized differently but they were not. I have attached two different drawings for the injector showing the o-rings. Interestingly they are not dimensioned on the drawings and they have flip flopped the injector positioning on the two drawings. Both drawings call out the fuel rail pockets as a 13.5mm pocket and the manifold pocket as 14.0mm in writing — one drawing just positions their injector image incorrectly.

With respect to the o-rings the Buna-N material is recommended for both petroleum based fluids and methanol. McMaster did not list Viton fluoroelastomer o-rings in the sizes the injectors require. That said, there might be other o-ring sources that could. The benefit of the Viton fluoroelastomer O-rings is that they recover their shape even after repeated use better than o-rings made of other materials. They are resistant to a wide range of chemicals, including petroleum based fluids but they are not listed as suitable for methanol so ... if methanol is on the horizon Buna-N might be a better choice.

I attached the engineering drawings to the bottom of the post

Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Array

Hi Ed,
    thanks for the quick reply with information, I have been researching my AFIS injectors and they are 14mm top and bottom.

the O rings that have failed were purchased as Buna N but i guess they were not, Also we have a lot of fuel issues here with unadvertised ethanol in the fuel.

Jonathan

6. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread