Comp stage two supporting mods?

+ Reply to Thread

Default Comp stage two supporting mods?

So I am getting ready to do a pi swap on my 96 gt. I am planning on installing comps stage two cams and long tubes. What other supporting mods are recommended along with the cams. I am also new to tuning what kind of tuning is required and is a handheld sufficient?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 96GTjoe View Post
    So I am getting ready to do a pi swap on my 96 gt. I am planning on installing comps stage two cams and long tubes. What other supporting mods are recommended along with the cams. I am also new to tuning what kind of tuning is required and is a handheld sufficient?
    Basically retune the engine. A handheld is not adequate. You will need s/w capable of re-flashing the ECU. SCT tends to have unpleasant pre and post sales support experiences. Binary Editor by Core Tuning Technologies is impressively complete but is better for experienced tuners, HP Tuners has a very mature, and well supported tuning s/w now available for the Ford ECU's.

I would opt for the HP Tuners solution and spend the time between now and when you complete the modifications familiarizing yourself with how to tune. An excellent starting point is Greg Banish's books and DVD. If you are really motivated you can enroll in one of his tuning classes. The name of his firm is Calibrated Success <= clickable

Ed

Thank you Ed. I will look into those. Do you have any recommendations for bolt ons that would pair nicely with my modifications. I really would like to do as much as possible all at once to keep from having to retune later.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Once you have the tuning s/w and the knowledge the tuning process is not a big deal.

Ed

I ordered the book you recommended. I also looked at some of the tuners you mentioned. It didn't look like the HP supported the 96 gt. Are the sniper tuners any good? Or any other options you would recommend over them?

Before you discard the HP Tuners alternative try calling them to see what they say.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 12-16-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

I will do that. Thank you for all of your help.

10. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread