Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Comp stage two supporting mods?

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  96GTjoe 
#1 ·
So I am getting ready to do a pi swap on my 96 gt. I am planning on installing comps stage two cams and long tubes. What other supporting mods are recommended along with the cams. I am also new to tuning what kind of tuning is required and is a handheld sufficient?

#2 ·
Basically retune the engine. A handheld is not adequate. You will need s/w capable of re-flashing the ECU. SCT tends to have unpleasant pre and post sales support experiences. Binary Editor by Core Tuning Technologies is impressively complete but is better for experienced tuners, HP Tuners has a very mature, and well supported tuning s/w now available for the Ford ECU's.

I would opt for the HP Tuners solution and spend the time between now and when you complete the modifications familiarizing yourself with how to tune. An excellent starting point is Greg Banish's books and DVD. If you are really motivated you can enroll in one of his tuning classes. The name of his firm is Calibrated Success <= clickable

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.