Old noobie 99 convertible cobra

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Array

Default Old noobie 99 convertible cobra

Might be time to sell. Where should I list it? Have looked up BOB price and looked on Car Guru to see others for sale. Wondering if others have sold their cobras. 124k original owner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Array

1999 Mustang Cobra SVT convertible added Kenny Brown Subframe connector and extreme matrix bracing with chromoly roll bar, Maximum Motors adjustable Camber Caster and strut tower brace, Griggs racing Koni yellow coilover and cobra R rims.

Also have x pipe, stock springs, shifter other parts.

Junior Member Array

Car was daily driven by girlfriend and used weekends for touring, open track events, canyon carving and cruising. Just after warranty was up the original motor blew up and luckily I had a friend who was a Ford Tech so he got me a crate replacement motor at his cost. We had a lot of fun with this car for years. It started needing more maintenance and repairs and lost its luster. But it is still a great car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Array

Unfortunately we stopped driving it in 2012 and time has had its tolls. The top has cracks near the trunk where it folds and has leaked water into the car. The interior looks okay but it gets mildew and i clean it up every year and do my best to keep water out. She also had a couple "boo boos she tapped a pole at the gas station with the right rear quarter that the she had some painless guy try and repair she also had to replace the drivers front fender and the body shop did a crappy paint on and the clear coat peeled.

Point is, it needs some work and someone who will care for it better than we have for the last few years.

Junior Member Array

Yesterday a guy shows up in my driveway and asked her about my cars if any were for sale. I also have a 87 Chevy square body an 89 MR2 and a 90 CRX so sitting in the driveway. He was asking about the truck,nope not cheap enough, he asked about the mr2 and offered less than I could turn it in to California to crush for it. Then he wanted to hear the cobra. I told him I hadn't started for a couple months its covered for rain so I had to jump it. I got out my booster primed the fuel and oil and barely managed to crank her over but she fired up and gave her usual rattles before oil was running then purred like a kitten. I think the car is worth 5 grand in parts but that is just my opinion I know it's hard to sell cars in pieces. But I couldn't even get this guy to come up to 3 grand. Surely there must be others who have owned and sold cars like this.

Let's hear your thoughts or experiences selling. SNAKE OIL

8. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread