Replacement 9-Way Adjustable Secondary Gears - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

I believe there is a possibility that we could find three sources for these gears going forward — which would be good news from a consumer point of view. Competitive offerings in general improve a product and usually result in the most competitive prices.

The yes, but moment here is that, the multiple providers must each see adequate sales volume to support a sound business model. If they do not, the number of providers decreases until the remaining providers do. If that minimum adequate sales volume can not be met by a single provider, the part will disappear from the aftermarket as the various providers repurpose their investment dollars to other parts that people do buy in adequate quantity to make a viable business model.

Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array cobraracer46's Avatar

MMR in California offers adjustable cam gears manufactured by Comp Camps
    http://www.modularmotorsportsracing....oducts_id=1067

Not sure about the quality of these gears, but at least its an option.

Those are the primary drive sprockets, Jan not the 9-way secondaries.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

just to chime in with posts 2, 3, and 4 - i too would always like to see parts being made available for the mod motors, if only to keep the niche thriving. owning two mildly modded but daily driven terminators, i feel like i am pretty much "locked in" with the modmotors for life. even though i may not need these particular parts right now, i know there will come a day when i will probably need them. same goes for the parts availibilty through ford. i fully intend to keep these cars for the rest of my life as my daily driven machines.

i am not on facebook or any sort of social media - wouldn't want to and wouldn't know where to start. this board and svtp are pretty much the only places that i frequent.

but this current environment sort of reminds me of my youth, when i was a "mopar enthusiast." at the time i owned an about 10-20 year old dodge b-body, big block engine. i remember at the time it was very, very difficult getting parts for the car. same was true for any of the hemi stuff. it seemed like chrysler was mostly interested in pushing their current lineup (turbo 4 cylinders, etc) and did not really support the 60s/early70s musclecars. fast forward 30+ years, and from what i understand you can pretty much literally purchase anything for these cars, through chrysler and elsewhere.

I feel your pain, Chris. I had lightweight '63 and '64 factory race Max Wedge and race Hemi's for racing and drove a 66 Street Hemi as my daily driver and tow car. When Chrysler decided to stop racing ProStock, stuff dried up fast.

Ford did a similar but sneakier deed on the Modmotor. They needed a new shiny object in the show room to sell cars and the Coyote narrowed up a bit and with TiVCT was just the ticket. The problem was when they narrowed the engine they also shortened the intake valves about ⅝ of an inch. This put a sharper knee and less attractive short side radius in the ports. The variable cam timing saved the engine at both ends of the rpm scale - in n/a trim.

In a race only supercharged build, which doesn't use or want variable cam timing, the old engine was equally as good and arguably better because the straighter ports and better short side radius (in the GT heads) produced more power up top. Ever wonder why Mihovitz never went the Coyote route? Sort of curious ...

Ed

8. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123