‘96 GT getting TFS 44cc Top End Kit

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default ‘96 GT getting TFS 44cc Top End Kit

    Hi there, below is a list of what I have for the car waiting to be installed.

    TFS Track Heat 44cc Cylinder Heads
    TFS Stage 1 Cams
    PI Intake
    Hooker Blackheart LT Headers
    Hooker Blackheart O/R X-Pipe
    Ford Performance High Volume Oil Pump
    NGK TR6 Plugs
    Ford Performance 24lb Injectors
    BBK 24lb MAF Sensor
    BBK CAI
    Stewart EMP Water Pump (Installed already)
    All new timing hardware; chains, sprockets, guides, tensioners, etc. as well.
    All new gaskets and seals for everything too.

    The only thing I’ve been kind of debating on is whether or not if I’ll truly need a bigger TB. I thought about just purchasing the Accufab Plenum itself instead of having the stock plenum with a sharp bend in it. But I’m looking for other opinions. What are your thoughts? I know the TFS heads flow a lot more air than the non-PI heads but I’m not 100% sure that the stock TB is really restricting air velocity.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJC96GT View Post
    Hi there, below is a list of what I have for the car waiting to be installed.

    TFS Track Heat 44cc Cylinder Heads
    TFS Stage 1 Cams
    PI Intake
    Hooker Blackheart LT Headers
    Hooker Blackheart O/R X-Pipe
    Ford Performance High Volume Oil Pump
    NGK TR6 Plugs
    Ford Performance 24lb Injectors
    BBK 24lb MAF Sensor
    BBK CAI
    Stewart EMP Water Pump (Installed already)
    All new timing hardware; chains, sprockets, guides, tensioners, etc. as well.
    All new gaskets and seals for everything too.

    The only thing Iíve been kind of debating on is whether or not if Iíll truly need a bigger TB. I thought about just purchasing the Accufab Plenum itself instead of having the stock plenum with a sharp bend in it. But Iím looking for other opinions. What are your thoughts? I know the TFS heads flow a lot more air than the non-PI heads but Iím not 100% sure that the stock TB is really restricting air velocity.
    Aye bro just to out of curiosity are you going N/A or FI?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjduncanjr View Post
    Aye bro just to out of curiosity are you going N/A or FI?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Next year I will be installing a 2.1L or 2.6L KB. Itís been awhile since my original post and I have decided to just stick with the stock TB and plenum for now. Next year the plenum wonít be used with the KB so I find it pointless to have for 1 year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

  6. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJC96GT View Post
    Next year I will be installing a 2.1L or 2.6L KB. Itís been awhile since my original post and I have decided to just stick with the stock TB and plenum for now. Next year the plenum wonít be used with the KB so I find it pointless to have for 1 year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice decision mane, I myself am doing the tork tech kit this summer cant wait! Take the time to piece things together & good luck mane

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjduncanjr View Post
    Nice decision mane, I myself am doing the tork tech kit this summer cant wait! Take the time to piece things together & good luck mane

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Are you going with a Whipple SC?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJC96GT View Post
    Are you going with a Whipple SC?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im starting with the eaton then a whipple

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  9. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjduncanjr View Post
    Im starting with the eaton then a whipple

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Oh ok, what you shooting for running the Eaton? And then what you shooting for with the Whipple?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJC96GT View Post
    Oh ok, what you shooting for running the Eaton? And then what you shooting for with the Whipple?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the eaton just tryin to stay around 460-480 & then the whipple should ne an easy 600-630 to the wheels bro! How about yourself

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  11. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjduncanjr View Post
    For the eaton just tryin to stay around 460-480 & then the whipple should ne an easy 600-630 to the wheels bro! How about yourself

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Shooting for 600 whp with the KB. I figured for now thatís enough power until I decide I want more.lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJC96GT View Post
    Shooting for 600 whp with the KB. I figured for now thatís enough power until I decide I want more.lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hell yeah mane, suspension? Any particular type

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  13. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjduncanjr View Post
    Hell yeah mane, suspension? Any particular type

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Maximum Motorsports along with MM full length subframe connectors.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJC96GT View Post
    Maximum Motorsports along with MM full length subframe connectors.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought about all MM but I been feelin UPR there whole lineup of suspension is awesome

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  15. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjduncanjr View Post
    I thought about all MM but I been feelin UPR there whole lineup of suspension is awesome

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Theyíre pretty good as well, anything to help aid in getting power to the ground is a plus.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Will the TFS Top End Kit blow up my stock auto?
    By JerZeyStangz in forum 1996 - 2004 Mustang GT
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 07:06 PM
  2. 96-04 2V Ported Trick Flow Track heat heads 44CC
    By 800plus in forum Engine Parts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 08:51 AM
  3. Got my heads from Fox Lake!! TFS 44cc...
    By Yellow02GTauto in forum 1996 - 2004 Mustang GT
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 04:37 PM
  4. 03 cobra 4v heads vs TFS 44cc heads
    By digiam42 in forum 1996 - 2004 Mustang GT
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 04:45 AM
  5. Need advice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?????
    By 1badblackgt in forum 2005 - 2010 Mustang GT
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 08:50 PM