Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Question about 96-98 KB 2.1 SC kit

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Wirelessguy2005 
#1 ·
Quick question, the kit includes FMU and BAP for increasing fuel throughput. Question is why both are needed?

Eg isn't one them enough to increase fuel throughput for boost application needs?

#2 ·
If I remember correctly from my 2009 install, they are both needed on a stock setup because the Boost a Pump sends more fuel from the tank to the engine while the Fuel Management Booster under the hood strangles the return line up front. With that said, if your car is moderately tricked out in other areas (upgraded fuel pumps/s, injectors, etc) they may become obsolete.

KB assumes your car is absolutely stock and stays that way, unless you told them otherwise upon ordering the blower new.

I no longer have either installed, when I hotrodded the engine in 2011, it was made to not need them @ 505HP.

Good luck!

#3 ·
As noted above Kenne Bell has the system setup for a factory motor. You will need both the FMU and the boost a pump installed for everything to function properly and keep your motor safe. If you decide to upgrade the fuel pump as well as the injectors and get a custom tune that is an option. I ran my 97 cobra for one summer with the kenne bell factory setup before I converted to E85 which requires fuel system upgrades like a 465 walbro pump and 80lb injectors so that I could remove the FMU and boost a pump. I also had it custom tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.