7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cobranick123 
#1 ·
Background on engine:

4.6 Teksid standard bore and stroke
11.1 compression
E85
Turbo cams
Ported heads (shift no more than 8.5K)
Sully lower (not sure on upper just yet)
Running W2A
Rossler TH400

Before I start calling different turbo companies that will try and sell me their turbo I wanted to get opinions first. I'm not sure on single or twins. My goal is around 1,400rwhp. I'd like to run some NMRA classes, thinking the Cobra/GT500 and the street class but also will be a fun weekend car. Did some reading and searching here and got some ideas but wanted to ask that's more to my setup.

Thanks!

#2 ·
How much money do you want to spend? Garrett, precision money? Or borg warner money? On a 4.6 with 10.8 compression, ported heads, custom cams, Sullivan lower, and a th400 I made 1232whp with a borg warner 8596 with a 1.24 turbine housing on 25psi. Probably could have made over 1300whp if I turned it up some more. A 8896 borg will probably get you there. A garrett 5518r will get you there or a precision promod 88 will get you there. And mine was through a t4 flange

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
So you want twins? Or single turbo? Seems like the go to on twins would be some s369's or precision 6466 or 6766. All depends on budget. Reed at work turbo chargers is a good guy to talk to. He does not mind converting on the phone about what will work. Jose at forced induction is good also

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Twins will make more power so I'd go with twin Precision 6870's. But if you plan to run heads up, need to check the rules in each organization as they may have turbo limits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.