Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Lowering springs with IRS install video

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  shurur2 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I used a spring compressor to remove the rear IRS springs. Seems like the easiest way to do it.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

Then I installed a Maximum motorsports coil over kit.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive design Rim

The front colt springs are super easy to swap out: place a jack under the control arm with the knuckle, sway bar link and brakes disconnected, slowly lower the jack and the springs pop right out.

#3 ·
I used a spring compressor to remove the rear IRS springs. Seems like the easiest way to do it.
View attachment 169767

Then I installed a Maximum motorsports coil over kit.
View attachment 169765

The front colt springs are super easy to swap out: place a jack under the control arm with the knuckle, sway bar link and brakes disconnected, slowly lower the jack and the springs pop right out.
In the series I explain the parts stores here locally did not loan compressors that will work, but you certainly can use one if you have one that does work.
As for the front springs, did you watch the video? That's the same process I already explained in the video

#4 ·
I had such a hard time doing this and was so determined to not mess with the irs subframe. I compressed the rear springs somehow with the center compressor and a pipe extension....

then compressed the new springs with the same type or compressor.

then I secured the compressed spring with 8 metal band clamps...installed it...compressed it in place by jacking the lca...then cut the band clamps with tin snips...

I was very foolish and very lucky I was..
I am a lot more patient and tend to mull things over more these days..

good video!!! thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.