Engine mods

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine mods

Default Engine mods

Hi im a owner of a 1996 4.6 svt cobra and i would love to do some upgrades and mods. But i have the hardest time located 2parts needed for my pony. I need a upper and lower intake manifold runner control solenoids

and i need evap canister purge

can anyone help tell where is these items are located on my car and where i can purchase them please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Array Tillerman77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cobratwan1 View Post
    Hi im a owner of a 1996 4.6 svt cobra and i would love to do some upgrades and mods. But i have the hardest time located 2parts needed for my pony. I need a upper and lower intake manifold runner control solenoids

and i need evap canister purge

can anyone help tell where is these items are located on my car and where i can purchase them please
    The "solenoids" you asked about are likely the IMRC (intake manifold runner control) box. If that is correct, you can find used ones on eBay from time to time. If the one you currently have is not working, they can be repaired by Mark Olson.

Name:  IMRC box with cables seen from back of engine.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  212.3 KBName:  IMRC box attached to intake.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  57.7 KBName:  IMRC box attached to intake #2.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  58.0 KB

Many service parts for 23 year old cars, like an evap canister purge valve, will be difficult to find because the market for them has come and gone. The reman firms begin to phase out the replacement parts as the sales volume declines. Check your local autoparts store. If there is an interchange part it should show up in their listings. If there is not, it is worth a try to see if you might be able to get a later model version of the valve to work. I am not sure if it is electrically compatible but it might be. Your alternative is to modify your current system to use the newer technology valve if it does not interchange.

A more significant problem for you will be emissions testing. If the replacement canister valve causes your ECU to throw a DTC code you will not be able to pass your state's emissions test and potentially not be able to register the vehicle to operate on your state's roads.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 04-11-2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread