Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Fomoco phasers

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Huey67 
#1 ·
Accumulating replacement parts to flip all the timing sys components on my 2007 5.4 triton, 121000 mi. i,ve ordered 3 Fomoco phasers so far and two have had relucter plate wobbles, ordered 1 standard products phaser which looks exactly in material and manufacture like fomoco also had a relucter plate wobble, my question is with this wobble no matter how slight can i trust this part or should i just keep shipping them back to the vendor, i,m getting tired of waiting for a part to show up that meets the money i spent on it

#3 ·
Ford Phasers

As in the genuine i just received,with a bent tab, straightened it out. yes a very slight wobble in the genuine reluctor plate i just received, was hesitant to install, now i will install. i have all replacement parts including a melling m360. i am not inclined to remove roller followers and valve lash adjusters,dont have any experience with these engines or valve designs, wish i did. have the four part series from from ford tech make u loco (Brian) and JC Smith. with those two and help from others its a no problem job, slow and methodical. Thanx Pal for your advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.