Fomoco phasers

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fomoco phasers

Default Fomoco phasers

Accumulating replacement parts to flip all the timing sys components on my 2007 5.4 triton, 121000 mi. i,ve ordered 3 Fomoco phasers so far and two have had relucter plate wobbles, ordered 1 standard products phaser which looks exactly in material and manufacture like fomoco also had a relucter plate wobble, my question is with this wobble no matter how slight can i trust this part or should i just keep shipping them back to the vendor, i,m getting tired of waiting for a part to show up that meets the money i spent on it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array painlessauto's Avatar

I've never had an issue with Ford phasers. I've done many of these trucks. Aftermarket units are junk. A little wobble won't hurt. Just make sure the reluctor tabs are nice and straight. Sometimes they can get bent in transit.

Default Ford Phasers

Quote Originally Posted by painlessauto View Post
    I've never had an issue with Ford phasers. I've done many of these trucks. Aftermarket units are junk. A little wobble won't hurt. Just make sure the reluctor tabs are nice and straight. Sometimes they can get bent in transit.
    As in the genuine i just received,with a bent tab, straightened it out. yes a very slight wobble in the genuine reluctor plate i just received, was hesitant to install, now i will install. i have all replacement parts including a melling m360. i am not inclined to remove roller followers and valve lash adjusters,dont have any experience with these engines or valve designs, wish i did. have the four part series from from ford tech make u loco (Brian) and JC Smith. with those two and help from others its a no problem job, slow and methodical. Thanx Pal for your advice.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread