Help for UK user please! Journal sizes for main & con rod bearings on crankshaft

+ Reply to Thread

Default Help for UK user please! Journal sizes for main & con rod bearings on crankshaft

Hi All,

New user on the forum so please go easy on me

I've put a 98 4.6 SVT DOHC engine into a 66 coupe, has only run a few hundred miles (including rolling road testing) and got some serious knocking in the engine. Have taken it apart and now need the original journal sizes of the main bearings and con rod bearings on the crankshaft - can anyone help please?!?

Thanks
    Keith

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by UKSVTMustang View Post
    Hi All,

New user on the forum so please go easy on me

I've put a 98 4.6 SVT DOHC engine into a 66 coupe, has only run a few hundred miles (including rolling road testing) and got some serious knocking in the engine. Have taken it apart and now need the original journal sizes of the main bearings and con rod bearings on the crankshaft - can anyone help please?!?

Thanks
    Keith

Keith,

Download the King Bearings catalog form their website. It will have all the data you are looking for and more. Click Here =>King Bearings

Ed

Hmmmm - can you be more specific as I can't seem to find anything please?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Just to add some more information: since taken from the original crate and installed in the car, the engine has only done 400 miles. It has only been subjected to high revs once when it was put on a rolling road to calibrate the engine management system. The engine ran smoothly and efficiently up to 3000 revs when I noticed a "knock". A new set of lash adjusters did not cure the problem and an engine strip down revealed a spun bearing on no. 3 piston. Inspection of oil pump revealed no faults......

Quote Originally Posted by UKSVTMustang View Post
    Hmmmm - can you be more specific as I can't seem to find anything please?

Just look up Ford 4.6 for the year and model your engine came from. Presto! Voilą!

Ed

8. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread