Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Help for UK user please! Journal sizes for main & con rod bearings on crankshaft

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  eschaider 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New user on the forum so please go easy on me :)

I've put a 98 4.6 SVT DOHC engine into a 66 coupe, has only run a few hundred miles (including rolling road testing) and got some serious knocking in the engine. Have taken it apart and now need the original journal sizes of the main bearings and con rod bearings on the crankshaft - can anyone help please?!?

Thanks
Keith

#4 ·
Just to add some more information: since taken from the original crate and installed in the car, the engine has only done 400 miles. It has only been subjected to high revs once when it was put on a rolling road to calibrate the engine management system. The engine ran smoothly and efficiently up to 3000 revs when I noticed a "knock". A new set of lash adjusters did not cure the problem and an engine strip down revealed a spun bearing on no. 3 piston. Inspection of oil pump revealed no faults......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.