GT500 heads - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: GT500 heads

Ken is spot on in his explanation, Robert.

That said you should not shy away from the Lock-N-Stitch repair for the head(s). The finished head is actually stronger in the plug thread area than a new 9 thread casting. You sort of get a hint at the strength when Lock-N-Stitch tells you the torque spec for the plugs is 35 ft/lbs after a Lock-N-Stitch repair!

With a taper seat plug like we use you don't need to go that high. A simple spin down of the plug and a light snugging from your wrist is all that is needed to properly seat the plug.

BTW just incase yo have not heard of Lock-N-Stitch they are the Ford recommended repair solution for the heads. If that endorsement isn't strong enough for you, they are also the contractor that was selected to stitch up the cracks in the cast iron Capitol dome in Washington DC. A major portion of their business is stitching together cracked metal components without welding! All things considered, pretty whizzy guys ...

Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Ken is spot on in his explanation, Robert.

That said you should not shy away from the Lock-N-Stitch repair for the head(s). The finished head is actually stronger in the plug thread area than a new 9 thread casting. You sort of get a hint at the strength when Lock-N-Stitch tells you the torque spec for the plugs is 35 ft/lbs after a Lock-N-Stitch repair!

With a taper seat plug like we use you don't need to go that high. A simple spin down of the plug and a light snugging from your wrist is all that is needed to properly seat the plug.

BTW just incase yo have not heard of Lock-N-Stitch they are the Ford recommended repair solution for the heads. If that endorsement isn't strong enough for you, they are also the contractor that was selected to stitch up the cracks in the cast iron Capitol dome in Washington DC. A major portion of their business is stitching together cracked metal components without welding! All things considered, pretty whizzy guys ...

Ed
    I will look into this. I will probably end up doing it just to be safe due to the amount of boost I want to run. Any reccomendatins on valves? Like I said looking for something Inconel or better for exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rainyp71 View Post
    I will look into this. I will probably end up doing it just to be safe due to the amount of boost I want to run. Any reccomendatins on valves? Like I said looking for something Inconel or better for exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Manley's stainless valves. Inconel is a material for Top Fuel exhausts not our engines.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12