Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

I need an advice

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mikelemoine 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Incacar

I'm not familiar with Incacar itself, but if you're looking at an AWD Lincoln MkT with almost 300K on it, I hope you're an experienced mechanic. At this mileage, the car will likely need a water/oil pump soon which is a PITA and pricey if you take it to a shop. While you're in there, you might as well do a timing chain/tensioner job too. Also, the PTOs on these are a trouble point as they are in a hot area and don't have any cooling. They only hold a little oil and most don't bother to change it. This leads to premature seal and/or bearing failures in them which is also costly to repair.

These are nice luxo barges, but if you want to take a chance on a high mileage one like this, you should check all of the fluids to see how they look (including popping PTO drain plug out to see if it's sludgy), do a cold start up to listen for any tell tale noises that may not be present once the oil is warmed up a bit and just do a really thorough inspection on everything. You should also go for a very low price considering the mileage, as you have to expect a major maintenance or repair at some point sooner than later. If you can't inspect it in person before buying, I would keep looking. You can find these with much lower miles for the price. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.