Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Misfire issues with 2000 GT

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bassmek2 
#1 ·
Hello! First post in the forum. I am having a issue ha I am pulling my hair out with.

Originally had a P0300 code for random misfires and now I also have a code P1152, bank2 rich condition. I was had already gotten new plugs as it was time to replace them so I did, no help (which i wasn't expecting it to help). Of course there are numerous possibilities to trigger this code and my car started having a severe misfire problem. Not drivable even. When I start it up it runs fine for about a minute then sounds like its only firing half the cylinders. I'm thinking maybe when it goes into closed loop is when the problem starts? I did find the driver side downstream O2 sensor was loose, as in part way unscrewed. Go figure, can hardly get them out if you want to change one!

Couple of key items to note.

Stage 2 cams
Long tube headers
Off road H-pipe
24lb injectors N/A
EGR delete

Any suggestions will be helpful, I am wondering if the O2 sensor being loose damaged it? I will try replacing it but at $50 a pop don't want to just randomly replace them. I also cleaned the MAF

Thanks
J

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.