NEW PnP EFI Release for Terminators and SN95 Vehicles - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 First ... 345678910

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    I am amazed at how you get early access to as yet unannounced parts, Jim.

The sensor Jim is talking about is a sweetheart piece, this is what it looks like;

Attachment 170457

And you can see it is built with AN or if you will ORB (o-ring boss) ports. While it is not easy to gauge, Pro-M confirms the ports are in fact -10 so the flow capacity is impressively high.

The meter should be available this week after they go live with their newly redesigned website.

Good sleuthing work there, Jim.

Ed
    Can this Flex Fuel sensor run inline on the return or still best to be done in parallel? Any word on the release / pricing?
    Thanks,

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Yes it can be run inline so long as it will flow enough fuel to not obstruct the flow otherwise. As these pieces were intended for OEM applications they didn't have to flow 1000hp worth of fuel, which is why they are often run in parallel like this.

Two models of this ECU are released-- the 99-04 Mustang GT/Mach1/ 99-02 Cobra model https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...v8-mustang-gt/

And the 03-04 Terminator model https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...plug-and-play/

Thanks for participating / contributing Jerry! You thoughts and observations are always welcome, especially on this kind of stuff.

I am going to double down on what Jerry said, John.

While I have to admit the packaging looks very attractive, the unspoken question is what sort of flow capacity does the combination of the two pieces support. I got initially caught up in how sexy the packaging looks. However, if you are reducing a -10 AN line's flow capacity back to say a -8 AN line flow capacity, even as attractively packaged as it is I would be reluctant to use it on a medium horsepower (650 and up) or larger engine.

Although no where near as pretty as the integrated package the parallel plumbing solution is preferable. The reduced flow capacity of the sensor does not affect its ability to measure ethanol content and the -10 AN line size that is being run in parallel is adequate for most engines even up to the 1500+ HP threshold.

I like to be a little conservative when it comes to fueling. You can always come back and take a whisker more fuel away but if you hurt the engine the only thing you take away is a broke race car.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; Yesterday at 07:34 PM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Thanks for participating / contributing Jerry! You thoughts and observations are always welcome, especially on this kind of stuff.

I am going to double down on what Jerry said, John.

While I have to admit the packaging looks very attractive, the unspoken question is what sort of flow capacity does the combination of the two pieces support. I got initially caught up in how sexy the packaging looks. However, if you are reducing a -10 AN line's flow capacity back to say a -8 AN line flow capacity, even as attractively packaged as it is I would be reluctant to use it on a medium horsepower (650 and up) or larger engine.

Although no where near as pretty as the integrated package the parallel plumbing solution is preferable. The reduced flow capacity of the sensor does not affect its ability to measure ethanol content and the -10 AN line size that is being run in parallel is adequate for most engines even up to the 1500+ HP threshold.

I like to be a little conservative when it comes to fueling. You can always come back and take a whisker more fuel away but if you hurt the engine the only thing you take away is a broke race car.

Ed
    Thanks Guys,
    Currently running a -8 feed & return and plan on upgrading the blower down the road. When I eventually swap out the blower I planned on installing the flex fuel sensor for future use. I wanted to install in the return line and hoped it’s sizing would work. My max HP goal is 800 and I like the look of the product. My question on pricing and availability is for the flex fuel sensor.
    ECU will be after the blower just preparing for it, that’s why I’ll be following this tread closely.

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 First ... 345678910