NEW PnP EFI Release for Terminators and SN95 Vehicles - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 First ... 256789101112

Does this system have any programmable outputs? If so, you could always program one of the outputs to operate the reverse lockout solenoid when the vehicle is below "X" speed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

This is what MalcolmV8 said:

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmV8, post: 16330534, member: 8854
    I looked into it and the PNP unit for what ever reason does not do the reverse lockout by default. My car has the stock ECU with a generic MS3Pro piggy backed so my stock ECU sill actuates the reverse lockout and I'd never really thought about it.

On the PNP units though it would be easy enough to program a spare output to operate the reverse lockout solenoid triggered by a VSS input.

Good idea, Jim and it looks like Malcolm had the same. It is interesting how the Ultimate version supported the feature and the PnP version did not. I suspect it might have been overlooked in the rush to get the product out. It may appear in a subsequent s/w release or perhaps a how to describing the use of a spare output to trigger it.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Good idea, Jim and it looks like Malcolm had the same. It is interesting how the Ultimate version supported the feature and the PnP version did not. I suspect it might have been overlooked in the rush to get the product out. It may appear in a subsequent s/w release or perhaps a how to describing the use of a spare output to trigger it.

Ed
    I sent Ben an email asking basically if this was by design or overlooked. I will let you know what I hear.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say. Thanks for calling them, Josh

Ed

Member Array

I had a couple questions and I wasn't sure which thread I should post them in. I recently switched from SCT to the MS3 PNP. While doing some logging of the idle tonight I noticed a couple things. Does the new ECU only drive the fan at one speed? I think only my low speed came on while the car was running. Not that the car was running hot or anything. Also my A/C wouldn't turn on. I read in this thread that the A/C should still work. I drove the car to Vegas the beginning of November and the A/C worked at that time. But I was still running the stock ECU at that point. I haven't touched anything under the hood so I'm pretty positive the A/C should still work. I might be able to live without cruise control, but I'm not sure I could last without A/C with as much as I drive the car.

Your AC should be working.

Put a call in to DIYAutoTune and ask for their help. They have been quite good about noodling these things out.

Ed

I thought you could program multiple fan speeds maybe that’s just temperatures. I have been dealing with Ben on a few matters but him, Matt and Jerry are at PRI through the weekend. I will also ask about the A/C. It may be one of those coincidence like my Key fob stopped working when I switched over but yours still does work. I will let you know what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by 01yellerCobra View Post
    I had a couple questions and I wasn't sure which thread I should post them in. I recently switched from SCT to the MS3 PNP. While doing some logging of the idle tonight I noticed a couple things. Does the new ECU only drive the fan at one speed? I think only my low speed came on while the car was running. Not that the car was running hot or anything. Also my A/C wouldn't turn on. I read in this thread that the A/C should still work. I drove the car to Vegas the beginning of November and the A/C worked at that time. But I was still running the stock ECU at that point. I haven't touched anything under the hood so I'm pretty positive the A/C should still work. I might be able to live without cruise control, but I'm not sure I could last without A/C with as much as I drive the car.

Put a call in to DIYAutoTune and ask for their help. They have been quite good about noodling these things out.

Ed

Member Array

Ed
    I just wanted to double check. I couldn't see why it wouldn't beworking. I will double check things as I did remove the intake tube for the timing check. I'm pretty sure I didn't bump anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by GodStang View Post
    I thought you could program multiple fan speeds maybe that’s just temperatures. I have been dealing with Ben on a few matters but him, Matt and Jerry are at PRI through the weekend. I will also ask about the A/C. It may be one of those coincidence like my Key fob stopped working when I switched over but yours still does work. I will let you know what they say.
    Yeah. Its possible its just a coincidence. I'm just glad I happened to turn it on to see how it would effect the idle.

I found the fan temp settings, but didn't see anything about speeds. I'll do some more digging. I'm wondering if we'll have to do some wiring to bypass low speed. Not that only having high speed would bother me.

Ya when I asked about the IAT1 sensor it was by design as they only had a set number of analog ports and did not feel that was warranted to waste one. This may be the same case. Not sure. I will ask.

Quote Originally Posted by 01yellerCobra View Post

Ed
    I just wanted to double check. I couldn't see why it wouldn't beworking. I will double check things as I did remove the intake tube for the timing check. I'm pretty sure I didn't bump anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by GodStang View Post
    Yeah. Its possible its just a coincidence. I'm just glad I happened to turn it on to see how it would effect the idle.

I found the fan temp settings, but didn't see anything about speeds. I'll do some more digging. I'm wondering if we'll have to do some wiring to bypass low speed. Not that only having high speed would bother me.

13. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 First ... 256789101112