NEW PnP EFI Release for Terminators and SN95 Vehicles - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by 19modfox79 View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread but is there anyone on this board that upgrades megasquirt units? I have an ms1 from my 2.3 turbo days that I would like to upgrade... anyone?

Try MalcolmV8 on SVTPerformance. I believe he is a dealer.

Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

A number of you guys have been PMing me about yes but how hard/easy is it to install this thing, really?

Well, now you don't have to listen to my explanations anymore. Here is a video of an actual installation on a non-4V 4.6. There is no difference between 2, 3 or 4V installs. the process and the steps are identical. The video below will show you the physical install and also the setup prior to first start. I guarantee you will be WOWED!

Pay particular attention in the setup video to the TPS sensor adjustment, injector sizing, fuel selection and the startup. Each video is about 7 mins. Be prepared to be surprised!

Click here => MS3Pro PnP Install — Part 1

Click here => MS3Pro PnP Setup & First Start — Part 2

Be sure to watch Part ! and Part 2 you'll love it!

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 08-24-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Fixed Broken Link

Quote Originally Posted by lucheski View Post
    I will definitely be getting one. It just does not seem smart to have so much money on the line in the motor to leave it up to the whims of a 20 year old electronics/computer. It's amazing OEM computers keep working this long with as little problems as they do. I was going to go with the Holley EFI but Keeping the OEM Dash is the main selling point for me since this is a street car. Right now I am finishing up my latest additions: KB 3.2 Mammoth, ID1300s, Fox Lake Fully Ported/Built Heads, J2Fab Intercooler, Tig Vision 7 Gal tank. Should have it back on the street 4 - 6 weeks.
    I am with you on this one. I am pretty sure I will be switching over to this. Need to do some research and just figure out how I will tune it. No dyno for a ways off and trying to tune a 30+ psi car on the street might get a little rough.

My biggest issues is no decent tuner for 4hrs away and working 5 to 6 days a week 11hrs a day I can't take off to spend 2 days to get it tuned. I already have my next two builds in my mind and having to hit a tuner 3 times is just out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

You can use autotune in tuner studio and get it close, I did that with my 2.3 stuff back in the day it works pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by GodStang View Post
    I am with you on this one. I am pretty sure I will be switching over to this. Need to do some research and just figure out how I will tune it. No dyno for a ways off and trying to tune a 30+ psi car on the street might get a little rough.

My biggest issues is no decent tuner for 4hrs away and working 5 to 6 days a week 11hrs a day I can't take off to spend 2 days to get it tuned. I already have my next two builds in my mind and having to hit a tuner 3 times is just out.
    19ModFox78 is spot on Josh.

These new MS3Pro PnP units will come with a base tune that will get you up and running. The previous MS3 Units offered an Autotune feature (which this one still has) that was an automated way of getting the user to the base tune threshold. After that the tuning process is much simplified over the OEM EEC-V ECU and tuning software like PRP package. There also aren't undefined tables that you have to figure out the meaning and use of like in the OEM ECU. There is no more scaling of anything and the manual does a yeoman's job of explaining the various how to aspects. That said the availability of a dyno is certainly a welcome addition.

If you haven't yet, check out the link to the install and start up video above. The one you want is the second video. You will be impressed — I guarantee.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 08-21-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Senior Member Array dsg2003mach1's Avatar

That second video shows a lot of cool stuff.

sooo if one adds a wheel speed sensor and uses the anti-slip/traction control - how the hell do you override it to a burnout? You have to wire in a switch or what?

Quote Originally Posted by dsg2003mach1 View Post
    That second video shows a lot of cool stuff.

sooo if one adds a wheel speed sensor and uses the anti-slip/traction control - how the hell do you override it to a burnout? You have to wire in a switch or what?

Quickly skimming through the big manual, here is one approach using the launch controls in the ECU, Jerry;

§7.8.11 Launch / 2 step / 3 step / T-Brake

... The 3-step is typically used as a burnout limiter and will often be linked to a line-lock.

A typical drag racing scenario would go like this: You pull forward into the burnout box, stand on the brakes and flick on the line-lock. This also enables the 3-step. You now do your burnout and the 3-step limits are applied. After your burnout, you pull into stage, depress the clutch (activating the launch switch) and then push the throttle to the floor. The launch settings will hold the engine close to your chosen rpm. When you change gear, keep the throttle planted, and only use the clutch. Now the flat shift settings come into play, and the revs will be limited to those settings. After changing gear and lifting your foot off the clutch, the limiter is disabled. Be sure to also set the normal rev limiter should you miss shift.

Sometimes it might be possible to control a particular feature more than one way. A careful reading of the manual could possibly turn up an alternative solution.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 08-22-2019 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

I am pretty excited. I think this may be my path forward.

I am pretty excited. I think this may be my path forward.

I am very impressed also, Josh. This has been a long time coming but the range of capabilities it offers was worth the wait.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    I am very impressed also, Josh. This has been a long time coming but the range of capabilities it offers was worth the wait.

Ed
    One more question to see if you know the answer or your advice. I am at the point of very large injectors. E85 and a lot of boost... People mention stand alones. Would this negate the need for a stand alone or would that still be something I would need to look into.

Senior Member Array dsg2003mach1's Avatar

Quickly skimming through the big manual, here is one approach using the launch controls in the ECU, Jerry;

§7.8.11 Launch / 2 step / 3 step / T-Brake

... The 3-step is typically used as a burnout limiter and will often be linked to a line-lock.

A typical drag racing scenario would go like this: You pull forward into the burnout box, stand on the brakes and flick on the line-lock. This also enables the 3-step. You now do your burnout and the 3-step limits are applied. After your burnout, you pull into stage, depress the clutch (activating the launch switch) and then push the throttle to the floor. The launch settings will hold the engine close to your chosen rpm. When you change gear, keep the throttle planted, and only use the clutch. Now the flat shift settings come into play, and the revs will be limited to those settings. After changing gear and lifting your foot off the clutch, the limiter is disabled. Be sure to also set the normal rev limiter should you miss shift.

Sometimes it might be possible to control a particular feature more than one way. A careful reading of the manual could possibly turn up an alternative solution.

Ed
    Thanks Ed, I went back and found the link to the big manual, managed to miss it yesterday. I guess I'll be doing some light reading this weekend. Sounds like getting the car up and going is quick and easy but a lot of time can be spent adding things

One more question to see if you know the answer or your advice. I am at the point of very large injectors. E85 and a lot of boost... People mention stand alones. Would this negate the need for a stand alone or would that still be something I would need to look into.
    This would the the "standalone" to use for the larger inj's and tuning.

ks

If by standalone you mean an aftermarket ECU the answer is not required, Josh — it is the standalone. The MS3Pro will allow the use of any injector size in either high or low impedance. You simply specify the injector size in #/hr or cc/min plug the number and you are done. No scaling whatsoever anywhere!

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.58.41 AM.png
Views: 73
Size:  112.9 KB

If by standalone you mean a low impedance driver to fire low impedance injectors it is built into the ECU.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 08-22-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Fixed broken pic link

Thanks guys. That was my question as to if I could run low imp or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINS View Post
    This would the the "standalone" to use for the larger inj's and tuning.

ks
    If by standalone you mean an aftermarket ECU the answer is not required, Josh — it is the standalone. The MS3Pro will allow the use of any injector size in either high or low impedance. You simply specify the injector size in #/hr or cc/min plug the number and you are done. No scaling whatsoever anywhere!

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.58.41 AM.png
Views: 73
Size:  112.9 KB

If by standalone you mean a low impedance driver to fire low impedance injectors it is built into the ECU.

Ed

Here's a launch circuit that allows a burnout and launch at separate RPMs for a stick shift. You can use the line lock switch with or without a burnout switch.
    It can be modified for a auto easily enough.

Name:  LAUNCH CONTROL CIRCUIT.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  56.7 KB
    Last edited by MustangMikeMia; 08-23-2019 at 02:44 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last