NEW PnP EFI Release for Terminators and SN95 Vehicles - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last

Seems like a very nice option. I went with the Pro-M EFI which is pretty similar in features to this one, except it came with a brand new OEM quality harness which I was in dire need of. I do like the fact that you don't have to build or run a new harness on this. Although my setup came with a new harness, it was still a giant pain in the butt to remove the old one and run the new one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MustangMikeMia View Post
    Here's a launch circuit that allows a burnout and launch at separate RPMs for a stick shift. You can use the line lock switch with or without a burnout switch.
    It can be modified for a auto easily enough.

Attachment 170395

Very creative there, Mike!

I like the thoroughness that you used in the integration of the two circuits. Using the clutch release to deactivate the line lock and launch control simultaneously is very a very nice touch. Your separate switched circuit in the console to allow normal operation of the linelock using only the engine RPM set point in the MS3Pro and no launch control is another nice touch.

Well thought out, purpose built circuit.

Thanks for sharing.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Helomech74 View Post
    Seems like a very nice option. I went with the Pro-M EFI which is pretty similar in features to this one, except it came with a brand new OEM quality harness which I was in dire need of. I do like the fact that you don't have to build or run a new harness on this. Although my setup came with a new harness, it was still a giant pain in the butt to remove the old one and run the new one.
    I know what you mean about the wiring harness pain and suffering, Jim. Even replacing an old OEM harness with an identical new one is painful in the extreme. Building a new harness from the ground up requires words the English language does not have to describe the pain and suffering. Even after it is laid out the challenge of putting the wrong wire in the wrong bundle can be maddening — even worse when you find it and then have to move it and don't forget change connector!

The Pro-M EFi is a really nice system, in fact it has been and is one of my favorites. The PnP nature of the MS3Pro system and its feature set is intoxicating, however. The Pro-M system is a kissing cousin to the Factory race systems appearing a few years ago and most importantly it is manufactured in the same company and on the same production lines as the Ford factory systems which makes for very high quality and reliability attributes. BTW the Pro-M MAFs are to die for! My personal opinion is they are very likely the best of breed and have been since the first Pro-M 80 appeared oh so many years ago.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 08-25-2019 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array dsg2003mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MustangMikeMia View Post
    Here's a launch circuit that allows a burnout and launch at separate RPMs for a stick shift. You can use the line lock switch with or without a burnout switch.
    It can be modified for a auto easily enough.

Attachment 170395
    That's a super slick set up, thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    The Pro-M EFi is a really nice system, in fact it has been and is one of my favorites. The PnP nature of the MS3Pro system and its feature set is intoxicating, however. The Pro-M system is a kissing cousin to the Factory race systems appearing a few years ago and most importantly it is manufactured in the same company and on the same production lines as the Ford factory systems which makes for very high quality and reliability attributes. BTW the Pro-M MAFs are to die for! My personal opinion is they are very likely the best of breed and have been since the first Pro-M 80 appeared oh so many years ago.
    Ed
    One of the reasons I went with the Pro-M setup was due to the fact that it has OEM quality and reliability, the case on the ECU has FoMoCo stamped right on it. I agree about the MAF's, I run the 3.5" Pro Tube on my setup and it works perfectly. They just released a whole slew of new features with the latest update which I'll be adding in the near future. Some of these include Flex Fuel & Ethanol Spark Adder, Automatic transmission control, Adaptive learning Idle Speed Control, Adaptive Learning Lambda Control and traction control to name a few. Just need to buy the supplemental wiring harness and get it installed.

how does this ecu handle things like the ccrm and fpdm and AC?

thanks, very interested in this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The ECU is built to support all the OEM Ford sensors, relays (CCRM etc), stock O2 sensors, returnless fuel system, IAT 1 & 2 sensors, IAC motor et. al. It is literally plug and play. The best part is that while it is plug and play it also brings a slew of high end race quality aftermarket capabilities with it. You can find most of these capabilities on their web page and in their literature but here's a short preview;

Fully Tunable Engine Control!

● 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
    ● 16×16 Ignition Tables
    ● Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
    ● Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
    ● Air Conditioner Control
    ● 8 sequential fuel injector channels with individual trim tables
    ● 8 sequential ignition channels with individual trim tables
    ● Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed!
    ● Allows removal of stock MAF sensor

Advanced Feature Set (Included!)

● 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wideband O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
    ● Multiple traction control strategies (JUST ADD A FRONT WHEEL VSS like this)
    ● Built-in 3-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift and burnout rev limiter
    ● Time based timing / boost increase after launch
    Real time barometric correction
    ● Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
    ● Configurable engine safties, warning lights & overboost protection

● Closed loop boost control (Requires EBC solenoid kit)
    ● CO2 based boost control
    ● Set boost by RPM and throttle, ground speed, or gear

Nitrous Control Strategies
    .......● 2 channels of configurable staged or progressive control
    .......● Supports wet or dry nitrous systems
    .......● Add fuel, pull timing, etc.
    ● Rally style anti lag
    ● Water injection control – on/off or variable
    Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity, crank angle windowing, and more
    ● Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
    ● Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
    ● Supports many aftermarket dashes/displays such as Racepak, Race Technologies, AiM Sports, AEM, Dakota Digital, Autosports Labs, Perfect Tuning, etc.
    CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless

And there is plenty more including, programmable engine fail safe features for low oil pressure, low fuel pressure, high engine coolant temperature to save your engine when something goes bump in the dark.

One of the biggest deals for Mustang owners is the fact that they decoded Fords dashboard communications protocol and incorporated that same Ford communication protocol into their product so it drives the entire dash just like OEM. No need to go out and buy a $1K digital dash from Racepak to replace your perfectly good dash that the other aftermarket systems can not drive!

Best part of the system for me is the fact it is a take no prisoners race quality ECU that uses all stock electronics in your Mustang! You want Wide band sensors instead of OEM sensors, no problem. How about EGT sensors, no problem. How about FlexFuel capability for E85, no problem and the list just keeps on going. The ECU provides for Alpha-N, Speed Density, and MAF controlled fueling. As delivered it is set u for a Speed Density install because there is no MAF xfer function required. Each after market MAF has a different flow capacity. The Speed density allows for a system that will work right out of the box no ifs ands or buts. I like MAF based systems so mine gets converted back to Mass Air Flow right after I get it running.

There is absolutely no aftermarket system that even comes close until you get well above the $4.5K price point.

BTW remember all that silly scaling we had to do because of the hard stops ford built into the OEM CPU? It is mercifully gone forever. Just tell the ECU what size injector or MAF you are using and it is good to go, right now!

These ECU's are essentially a poor man's Motec or Haltech but when you go to buy the unit, it is $1350 instead of $6K, $7K, $8K or higher.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 09-18-2019 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

The ECU is built to support all the OEM Ford sensors, relays (CCRM etc), stock O2 sensors, returnless fuel system, IAT 1 & 2 sensors, IAC motor et. al. It is literally plug and play. The best part is that while it is plug and play it also brings a slew of high end race quality aftermarket capabilities with it. You can find most of these capabilities on their web page and in their literature but here's a short preview;

Fully Tunable Engine Control!

● 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
    ● 16×16 Ignition Tables
    ● Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
    ● Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
    ● Air Conditioner Control
    ● 8 sequential fuel injector channels with individual trim tables
    ● 8 sequential ignition channels with individual trim tables
    ● Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed!
    ● Allows removal of stock MAF sensor

Advanced Feature Set (Included!)

● 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wideband O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
    ● Multiple traction control strategies (JUST ADD A FRONT WHEEL VSS like this)
    ● Built-in 3-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift and burnout rev limiter
    ● Time based timing / boost increase after launch
    Real time barometric correction
    ● Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
    ● Configurable engine safties, warning lights & overboost protection

● Closed loop boost control (Requires EBC solenoid kit)
    ● CO2 based boost control
    ● Set boost by RPM and throttle, ground speed, or gear

Nitrous Control Strategies
    .......● 2 channels of configurable staged or progressive control
    .......● Supports wet or dry nitrous systems
    .......● Add fuel, pull timing, etc.
    ● Rally style anti lag
    ● Water injection control – on/off or variable
    Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity, crank angle windowing, and more
    ● Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
    ● Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
    ● Supports many aftermarket dashes/displays such as Racepak, Race Technologies, AiM Sports, AEM, Dakota Digital, Autosports Labs, Perfect Tuning, etc.
    CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless

And there is plenty more including, programmable engine fail safe features for low oil pressure, low fuel pressure, high engine coolant temperature to save your engine when something goes bump in the dark.

One of the biggest deals for Mustang owners is the fact that they decoded Fords dashboard communications protocol and incorporated that same Ford communication protocol into their product so it drives the entire dash just like OEM. No need to go out and buy a $1K digital dash from Racepak to replace your perfectly good dash that the other aftermarket systems can not drive!

Best part of the system for me is the fact it is a take no prisoners race quality ECU that uses all stock electronics in your Mustang! You want Wide band sensors instead of OEM sensors, no problem. How about EGT sensors, no problem. How about FlexFuel capability for E85, no problem and the list just keeps on going. The ECU provides for Alpha-N, Speed Density, and MAF controlled fueling. As delivered it is set u for a Speed Density install because there is no MAF xfer function required. Each after market MAF has a different flow capacity. The Speed density allows for a system that will work right out of the box no ifs ands or buts. I like MAF based systems so mine gets converted back to Mass Air Flow right after I get it running.

There is absolutely no aftermarket system that even comes close until you get well above the $4.5K price point.

BTW remember all that silly scaling we had to do because of the hard stops ford built into the OEM CPU? It is mercifully gone forever. Just tell the ECU what size injector or MAF you are using and it is good to go, right now!

These ECU's are essentially a poor man's Motec or Haltech but when you go to buy the unit, it is $1350 instead of $6K, $7K, $8K or higher.

Ed
    I get excited about this every time I read about it. I can't wait to see more feedback come in from actual users, this will hopefully be a 2020 upgrade for me

I know what you mean, Jerry. These guys really hit the ball out of the park when they built this ECU.

If you do just a fly by sort of evaluation the big hits are the ability to literally plug into the OEM wire harness and work! The ability use all the original Ford sensors-unmodified, the ability to no longer be constrained by hard stops Ford put into injector sizing, MAF sizing etc, The ability to run all the stock dash instrumentation like stock, the ability to have the tuning software as part of the purchase package, the ability to have all the data logging capability built into the system, and the capability of playing with anything in the tune you want through the USB port on your laptop. One of the nice touches I haven't spoken of before is a wireless connection to the laptop they offer to make tuning and data logging much more painless. Then of course there is the built in 4 BAR MAP sensor and on and on.

It is worthwhile remembering that a PRP package from SCT runs about $800 in round numbers when you are said and done. To that you need to add a couple hundred dollars for a hand held to flash the OEM ECU and datalog. You end up well north of $1K for just the software and of course the abuse SCT heaps upon you as a licensed cash paying customer. For $1,350 you get all the tuning software, the datalogging software and a plug compatible race quality ECU from DIYAutoTune — with a lifetime warranty and a manufacturer that actually appreciates you as a customer!

There are so many cool aspects to this system it blows me away. With Ford's ECU you were basically stuck with a variety of hard stops and poor high rpm performance including ignition shortcomings. The MS3Pro PnP lets you put on high output (118 mj) IGN-1 ignition coils and you aren't forced to use the high dollar IGN-1A smart coils (which only deliver 108 mj). By way of comparison a brand new OEM COP only delivers 17 mj of energy give or take a mj. The excellent ignition coil support eliminates high boost / high rpm spark blowout and boost-a-spark like devices — and you can easily tune coil dwell times.

This system is simply the best thoughtout aftermarket system available for these cars today — nothing else even comes close.

Ed

It is worthwhile remembering that a PRP package from SCT runs about $800 in round numbers when you are said and done. To that you need to add a couple hundred dollars for a hand held to flash the OEM ECU and datalog.

Ed
    I already own one of those paperweights unfortunately

I have cash in hand just waiting for the day.

I just got off the phone with their tech team yesterday, Josh. They have the Terminator base map finished, running in a near production Terminator with an Eaton and producing 460 hp but they are running out of injector with the original 39# OEM units. I suspect they might be able to sneak up past 500 hp or a whisker better with 60# injectors. Nice job for a basically bone stock Terminator. All ancillary systems i.e. fans, returnless fuel system, A/C compressor, dash etc are fully operational — quite an achievement and quite a nice package.

Their lead guy doing the development is out today but back tomorrow. I will be in touch with him in the morning and get the product availability details to post up here. I will also get the first to ship unit and provide pics of the package and what you find inside as you begin to open it up.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 09-19-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

Sounds good man! I just need to figure what I am going to do about injectors. Wanting to stay away from IDs.

I just got off the phone with their tech team yesterday, Josh. They have the Terminator base map finished, running in a near production Terminator with an Eaton and producing 460 hp but they are running out of injector with the original 39# OEM units. I suspect they might be able to sneak up past 500 hp or a whisker better with 60# injectors. Nice job for a basically bone stock Terminator. All ancillary systems i.e. fans, returnless fuel system, A/C compressor, dash etc are fully operational — quite an achievement and quite a nice package.

Their lead guy doing the development is out today but back tomorrow. I will be in touch with him in the morning and get the product availability details to post up here. I will also get the first to ship unit and provide pics of the package and what you find inside as you begin to open it up.

Ed

You might want to look at SouthBay Injectors, Josh, click here => SouthBay Injectors. When AJ switched to Methanol we went with eight 2200 cc units like these. Even with eight of them we were still too small. The injectors were at 100% duty cycle well before peak engine rpm, so we modified the manifold to use two 2200 cc units per cylinder. The injector duty cycle came down into the mid to high 50% range, at max engine speed, which is a walk in the park for these units.

The primary concern we had with two 2200cc injectors per port was the ability to get a small enough yet repeatable pulse width to idle the car. I wasn't sure it was going to be possible. AJ was more optimistic. His instincts were right! The car ended up with a repeatable, stable idle at 1100 rpm and that was with very big cams over 240˚ duration.

I think he actually got it to idle down around 850 at one point. The upshot is you should have no problem idling the engine with single 2200 cc injectors and that means they essentially become the last set of injectors you will have to buy — unless you go pure race car and switch to methanol.

BTW the guys at SouthBay are easy to work with which makes the experience all the better.

Ed

p.s. Make sure they know you want the long injector. The basic 2200 cc unit is a short injector and they add differing length tops to get to the injector length you need.
    Last edited by eschaider; 09-19-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added Postscript

Ed,
    Maybe you can answer a question (or know who to ask) regarding the traction control. First I’m assuming it will use the factory abs sensors to get its wheel speed readings. Even if this is not the case then a wheel speed sensor would need added to achieve this. My question is 2 part. First, does or can it in fact use the factory front and rear factory abs sensors? Second, will there be anyway to put in values by hand for the front and the rear independently of each other? Reason I ask is I run a 28” tall M&H drag radial in the rear and my front tires are closer to a 26” tire height. I already have an intermittent abs light that comes on due to the difference in tire height. I would like to know if this can be accounted for with the MS3PRO PnP so there are no issues with using the traction control feature and if this could also eliminate the abs light and restore proper abs function?

Thanks
    Ken
    Last edited by 4sdvenom; 10-02-2019 at 06:14 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread