Turbo & Traction Control: Any issues with pulling timing? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Just an update with my wiring. I contacted Matt at DIY and he informed me that since the factory TC switch is a momentary type switch I would not be able to use it to turn on/off the TC in the MSPro. In order to turn it on and off I would need a latching type switch so I bought one from Amazon and I will put in in place of the factory switch. The diagram below is how I wired it up on my car.

The car is still down so I haven't driven it yet but with the car on jackstands I could read the rear wheel sensor when I put it in gear. Matt said in order to test it w/o going for a test blast he said to set the minimum MPH low (30mph or so) then while the rear wheels are off the ground put it in drive and spin it above 30mph. The Tuner Studio software test table will show a light indicating that timing is being pulled above 30mph.

ks

Name:  tcwiring.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  36.2 KB
    Last edited by KEVINS; 11-02-2019 at 09:57 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Kevin,

Something is wrong when you attempt to attach your wiring diagram and other pics. Make sure it is a valid file type like jpeg, png etc. When you use the Insert image icon in the quick reply or advanced reply tool bar, select From Computer as the source and then click on Basic Uploader in the bottom right and finally Choose File in the top left. Navigate to your pic file select it and then click the Upload button right below the Choose File button you just clicked. Your pics should upload and be visible.

Ed

I saw the previous attempt several posts ago didn't show (jpg) so I checked the one last night (png) and it worked when I was done but now it's not showing up.

I’m good here:
    Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Make sure it is a valid file type like jpeg, png etc. When you use the Insert image icon in the quick reply or advanced reply tool bar, select From Computer as the source…
    But now things get iffy. I'm not seeing Basic Uploader as an option. Everything is greyed out and I only have a From My Computer tab and From URL tab.

Normally I post images that are hosted on my website and I don't have issues with those but these lately were uploaded from the computer and they don't show up.
    I'll figure it out later..

ks
    Last edited by KEVINS; 11-01-2019 at 08:41 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

When you select the insert image tool (see below)

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.50.07 AM.png
Views: 23
Size:  38.3 KB

You will be presented with the Insert Image dialog box (see below)

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.49.22 AM.png
Views: 27
Size:  33.7 KB

Click on the Basic Uploader button in the bottom right. When you do the dialog box will refresh and look like this (see below)

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.56.30 AM.png
Views: 22
Size:  25.6 KB

At this point click on the choose file button and navigate to the pic file you want to upload, select it and click upload.

You're done! You should have a good image of your pic in your thread.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post

You will be presented with the Insert Image dialog box (see below)

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.49.22 AM.png
Views: 27
Size:  33.7 KB
    Nope, my box doesn't look like that. As soon as I click the Insert Image like your first image the popup box looks like your third image. I don't get your second image.

I tried it in IE and Firefox but still don't get that above popup box to show.

ks
    Last edited by KEVINS; 11-01-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINS View Post
    Nope, my box doesn't look like that. As soon as I click the Insert Image like your first image the popup box looks like your third image. I don't get your second image.

I tried it in IE and Firefox but still don't get that above popup box to show.

ks

Kevin,

Try this to see if it helps. After you click on the Insert Image icon and the Insert Image dialog box pops up, click on the From URL tab instead and check to see if the Retrieve Remote File and Reference Locally option is checked.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 2.37.07 PM.png
Views: 19
Size:  40.8 KB

If it is not, check it and then select the From Computer tab and attempt to load a pic file to a posting.

Ed

That didn't work either. I tried everything to get that option to show up but nothing.
    So I uploaded it to my website instead:

Name:  tcwiring.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  36.2 KB
    Last edited by KEVINS; 11-02-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks for the perseverance, Kevin. I am going to see if I can get one of our high priests to fix this.

Ed

Kevin,

Here are some additional thoughts from one of the tech's. If you have a chance could you try them and let me know what happens?

Here is a link to my original request for help and the response, which I didn't think of but might do the trick, click here => Potential Pic Post Fix

Ed

p.s. Here is something else I tried that worked on my computer Kevin, it might work for you also. From the toolbar click on the insert image icon,

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.27.31 AM.png
Views: 11
Size:  37.1 KB

When you do this dialog box will appear,

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.29.47 AM.png
Views: 11
Size:  33.8 KB

Click on the From Computer tab and this dialog box will appear.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.33.31 AM.png
Views: 12
Size:  32.7 KB

When it does, click on the select files button and navigate to the file you want to upload. After you select the file click the Open button in the dialog box, see pic below,

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.37.06 AM.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  49.5 KB

And the following dialog box will appear,

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.41.24 AM.png
Views: 12
Size:  33.8 KB

When you click the Upload File(s) button in the bottom center of the dialog box your pic should appear in your post.

More mouse clicks but fairly fluid on balance.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 11-04-2019 at 10:45 AM.

I don't have the privileges to view your link "Potential Pic Post Fix".

Your screen shots of the second and third images look different than mine and it still doesn't work.
    I uploaded screen shots to my website and linked them below for you to look at:

ks

Attachment 170625

Apologies, Kevin had my brain disengaged. The location I sent you to was an Admin forum. You didn't miss much anyhow. I am bummed you can't post without linking to your site. I'll ask the guys to continue to try to find a fix. If something turns up, I'll PM you.

Ed

Ooo... I thought I was going to get a key to the Teachers Lounge!

ks

15. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12