Raising a power of a Lincoln town car 1996

+ Reply to Thread

Default Raising a power of a Lincoln town car 1996

Hello! My name is Grigory, I live in Russia. I have a Lincoln Town Car built on October 31, 1996. The 4.6 Modular Motor V16. It took me hours to find the information I needed, but I couldn't. Tell me, please, is it possible to put on my engine cylinder head from Lincoln Mark VIII? I'd like to get a power boost and better acceleration. Or on that motor can get power gains in a different way? I would like to get about 280-300 horsepower and 400+ Newton metres of torque. Could you describe in detail all possible ways or give references to the necessary literature? From Russia, the search for information is difficult, search engines do not display the necessary information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Forgot to include VIN 1LNLM82WXVY643624. The engine is like Romeo...

Member Array

Hello Grigory welcome here. your car has a 4.6 with iron block and 2 valve heads, the crank is cast iron and the rods are powdered metal but that's not so bad that combination can handle up to 550HP easily.

the Lincoln MKVIII heads will bolt on to your block ok but your challenge will be that you will need either a lincoln MKVIII intake or one from a 98 Mustang cobra.
    Both the lincoln and mustangCobra uses computer controlled doors to open the secondary intake runners on the B heads,,,this can be removed but this will mean all intake runners are open all the time which will give you poor acceleration unless u have either a turbo or supercharger.

A cheap turbo kit is the reliable way to make power ...10 PSI of boost on your engine with the B heats will could get you 500HP.
    You could try a Nitrous setup they are cheap to buy and easy to install but defects lead to expensive engine damage.

that should make your town car fun.

regards Jonathan

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread