Need a competent tuner in Clearwater / Tampa area

+ Reply to Thread
    Middlefield, Ohio - 4th largest Amish community in the world!

Default Need a competent tuner in Clearwater / Tampa area

Hi everybody - long time no post.

I am in need of a tuner in the Clearwater/Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs (or greater Tampa) area. Someone with a proven reputation.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Justin Starkey is about 2 hrs away on the opposite side of the peninsula, Don or do you want to be closer?

Ed

Middlefield, Ohio - 4th largest Amish community in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Justin Starkey is about 2 hrs away on the opposite side of the peninsula, Don or do you want to be closer?
    Thanks Ed - I'd love to go to VMP (and I have a VMP on my 2017!) but that's a bit far. lol - I'd have to average 80mph from the second I leave my driveway to make it in 2, he's actually just over 3 hours from my location.

Not an absolute "no" - but the car does have some drive-ability issues, and the distance would force me into a "one day drive and tune" and I'd much rather be able to give them some time to work on it if required.

Has anyone heard of / used Coastal Dyno? They're about an hour away.......

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I believe your first hand travel experience, Don. I was cheating using a mapping s/w tool to gauge the time. It was obviously optimistic.

Sometimes Google can indicate who is a problem service provider although the opposite, who is a preferred service provider, is not as common. This is a link to a customer review site called Judy's Book => Judy's Book Review

Interesting place to find dyno shop reviews but ... In any event, the reviews they have indicate a long history(15+ years) and very good reports from satisfied users. Based on the commentary they sound like they are Mustang shop.

Hope this helps,

Ed

I have a really good buddy of mine that can tune remotely. He is out of Mesa, AZ. Www.mad-sciencemotorsports.com. His name is Nick.

Junior Member Array

Dennis Ramsey---Ramseys Performance Lutz Fl

I personally don't know Denni's work but know one person who used him for tunning and seems good. If you want to head to Jacksonville, Tony Gonyon is VERY good and well known. He tunes all my cars. Even though I am in Tampa now, I'll be taking him my car when its ready to be tunned. He can be reached at 904-276-RACE.

Junior Member Array

Icon6 Ramsey's Performance

Dennis is a great diagnostic tuner-- he just finished my stang and found the problem with my fuel trims that three other shops gave up on. If you live in Southwest Florida he is the man hands down. His address is 17110 N US HWY 41 Lutz FL. & his phone # is 813-909-2600. My big bore stroker Cobra combination is going to him next to get setup for a nitrous tune. Since I have moved from Virginia to Port Charlotte Fl. finding a competant tuner was crazy until I found him. He is genuine and lays it all for you. Next he is reasonable and that is why his shop is always full. From the time you call him it will be about a week and half before he can get to it. I would not hesitate to let him tune anything for me.

11. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread