Unable to locate King bearings...

+ Reply to Thread

Default Unable to locate King bearings...

It appears the King MB5219si bearings are out of stock everywhere I check. I had an order placed through Summit for over a month ago now due to them being on back order. They just pushed the date back another 3 weeks. I have pretty much everything to put my engine together.
    Does anyone happen to know someone or somewhere that has them in stock by chance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Try ordering King Part# MB1329SI, Russ. King has packaged just the #5 set from the 5219 bearing set into a standalone one journal set. It includes both an upper and a lower. The lower did not need to be included but it was! The lower is a throw away, the tang is in the wrong location. The flanged upper is the piece you want to keep and use.

Here is the link to the bearing on their website, => MB1329SI

Remember throw out the lower shell (F5219L) and only use the upper shell (F5219U).

Ed

Well, maybe some bad news. First, I called a handful of places including Summit and they say the MB1329si is a bad number. I called one of the distributors from Kingís site that is close to me and she said the same thing. She called King who also said the same thing even while Iím looking at it on their site. She said that King stated the MB5219 has no ETA and might even be out of production...

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RussZTT View Post
    Well, maybe some bad news. First, I called a handful of places including Summit and they say the MB1329si is a bad number. I called one of the distributors from Kingís site that is close to me and she said the same thing. She called King who also said the same thing even while Iím looking at it on their site. She said that King stated the MB5219 has no ETA and might even be out of production...

Russ,

Call King and order directly from them. I spoke with King several weeks ago after they productized the bearing set and part number. It was real at that time and have no reason to believe they have changed the status of a brand new part number in the interim. I think distribution is not yet up to speed on the changes. Order direct and shortcut the confusion.

Ed

Ed,
    I found someone online that just happen to have the bearing I need out of those kits that couldnít use it. He did however drill a hole in it for the mod but I can still use it since itís on the flange. I just canceled my order with Summit.
    Is the mod worth it or donít bother?

Ed,
    I found someone online that just happen to have the bearing I need out of those kits that couldnít use it. He did however drill a hole in it for the mod but I can still use it since itís on the flange. I just canceled my order with Summit.
    Iíve been curious about the mod as well and was going to ask about it in my upcoming build thread!

Ed,
    Russ,

This was an old mod dating back to the 1990's for managing converter ballooning due to high fluid pressures that auto trans builders have long since learned how to not produce in their products. You do not need to duplicate the mod and can ignore the oil feed hole in the bearing flange.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdvenom View Post
    Iíve been curious about the mod as well and was going to ask about it in my upcoming build thread!

Excellent mod to use, Ken. No down side at all.

Ed

So this bearing has 2 snags on the surface. Can it be filed down and used?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the two nicks in the red circle below are what you are talking about, Russ, the answer is they are fixable. You do not file them down. Instead you want to use an Exacto knife and just cut off the portion of the bearing material that is mushed up above the bearing surface. Put them in and you are good to go.

Ed

Name:  20190930_150438_1569871687737.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  39.7 KB

13. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread