Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

ABS/Emergency Cable Bracket (Relocation? Delete?)

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  AZ Cherry Bomb 
#1 ·
I just swapped out my BBK solid control arms for a set of Wild Rides single-adjustable control arms (without sway bar mounting tabs). I opted to go with an anti-roll bar to replace the factory-type sway bar setup, and thus never thought twice about needing the tabs. In doing so, I am now realizing that I have both my ABS cable & emergency brake cables hanging loose parallel to the control arm and at extreme-risk of rubbing the tire, because there is no spot to re-bolt the ABS/E-brake bracket back to the control arm.

:oops:

What do I do to "correct" this issue? Do I weld that bracket to the side of the control arm? Do I use a heavy-duty zip-tie to fasten the bracket to the control arm, and thus pull those cables back away from the tire?

I can't imagine I'm the first person to have ever run into this issue... (BTW, I called Wild Rides and asked them, and they advised me that literally NOBODY has ever called them back with this issue, so there must be a fix somehow.)

Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Rim

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.