MS3Pro Terminator Version Arrives!! - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345678 Last

Ahh gotcha. Thank you Ed, now I can relax 🙂
    I’ve had bad luck in the past with packaging mix ups. I didn’t think about the fact that it’s more the software that’s 03-04 Cobra specific and not so much the actual computer itself.

Thanks again
    Ken

BTW Josh, all eyes are in you now lol!! Good luck with the install.

KK

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I know Ed answered this question but mine too said the same.

Name:  IMG_4229.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  54.5 KB

Thank you to both of you!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Hell, my car is done and I'm excited for you guys to get rolling!

ks

Super jealous this is a thing now. Finished installing my ms3pro earlier this year and have enjoyed learning and playing with it the entire time. Still a lot to learn, the options with it are essentially limitless. Would anyone be willing to post the .msq that comes with the 03-04 cobra ecu? My car is currently running n/a due to some unfortunate supercharger issues but when I get the blower back on the car I want to be sure I have a conservative timing table in it.

Senior Member Array dsg2003mach1's Avatar

I know the terminator version and other mustang versions are slightly different based on the harnesses, I wonder if/would be nice if the non terminator versions supported the reverse lockout (but I dont wanna go terminator version because I want the knock sensor support for my Mach). If it did that I could get rid of my standalone reverse lock out controller.

Tommy,

They have a live link on the site to download the tune file now if this trick I am going to try doesn't work. I have attached a copy of the unmodified tune file for the Terminator. The ModFords site does not recognize the .msq filetype that TunerStudio uses so I changed the filetype to an Excel .xls file type to be able to post the file. After you download it you must change the file type back to .msq for TunerStudio to be able to load it and use it.

Also don't forget the tune is in Speed Density mode and uses stock 39/40 lb injectors so be sure to change the injectors in the tune to whatever you are using. Don't worry about disconnecting the MAF you can leave it just as it is. Laer if you want to switch to MAF based fueling you can turn it on in the tune. Don't forget if you decide to use a MAF based fueling model you will need to populate the MAF transfer curve in the TunerStudio S/W.

Ed

******>>>>>>> U P D A T E <<<<<<<******

This is a warning out of the MS3Pro PnP manual about sharing tune files. It is important. Please read it before attempting to share or load a tune from a different MS ECU.

You can share MSQ files with other MegaSquirtPNP users, though it can be risky business if you are not careful. It's easier and generally safer to copy a MSQ file from another MSPNP Pro user running the same model MSPNP Pro you are running, but you can also use maps from standard MegaSquirt if you first set the spark, input and output settings to match those in the MSPNP Pro base map. There are a few words of caution when sharing MSQ files. First, you will need to make sure it is from a similar version. Do not try loading any MSQs from MSI or MS2 variants. You will see a warning if you try to load one from an incompatible firmware version; don't ignore this warning. (emphasis added)

Second, non-MSPNP MegaSquirt (such as a DIY MS model) may use different outputs from a MSPNP. Even the MSPNP's cousin the DIYPNP is not always an exact match. You will want to check to make sure all outputs are assigned to the same channels before loading a non-PNP MegaSquirt map into your MSPNP. If these are not set correctly, you may damage your ignition system or accidentally disable certain features of the MSPNP.

The last potential source of trouble when sharing MSQ files is that a different owner's MSQ file may not be right for your engine. It may be tuned for an engine with different modifications, or may have a few mistakes in it's tuning. Loading an untested/untuned MSQ file just before a race and going out for a few laps without tuning it can be a recipe for disaster.

If you are not 100% sure of what you are doing, then don't. You risk burning your ignitor and coil and/or damaging your ECU. The base map provided is very good and will get you well on your way to a well tuned car, you will need to fine tune your car no matter where you get your 'base map' from, so you're best bet is to put your car on the dyno, using our base map to start from, and dial it in on your car.... no guesswork needed!

I think discretion is the better part of valor here so be careful if you intend to share or load a tune that is from another MS ECU.

Ed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eschaider; 10-13-2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added Update Notice

Ed,

Very sorry to hear about those struggles. I don't know if anyone saw recently, or if I am just now catching up, but Google lists SHM as permanantly closed, and his website is no longer up. Maybe the time had come.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    p.s. On a totally different and unrelated matter spake sure you get the Bluetooth to USB adapter for the MS3Pro. It is the tuning equivalent of getting WIFI internet access after having to use an ethernet cable connection for years. It is just waaaay cool. Once you try it you'll wonder why no one did it sooner. Of course we know why SCT didn't, the wired approach allowed them to sell X-Cal's — what nice guys ...
    I'd prefer a wired connection when I'm flashing software to my ECU. For just data logging, I'd be fine with Bluetooth- but I want a wired connection when it comes to flashing chips with new code.

I'm a luddite though, I used hard wired ethernet to everything that isn't a mobile device.

Quote Originally Posted by rainyp71 View Post
    Ed,

Very sorry to hear about those struggles. I don't know if anyone saw recently, or if I am just now catching up, but Google lists SHM as permanantly closed, and his website is no longer up. Maybe the time had come.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I know, Robert. Sean always occupied the high priced ground which I didn't mind if I was getting value for my money. Turned out it wasn't the case, at least with the blocks. More investigation is required but if it was only too low a thread engagement there is a recovery possible. If it was an incorrect heat treatment of the block casting, aluminum generally can not be re-heatreated which makes the block a total loss.

Not entirely sure why his doors closed however he did provide good products and service in general - just higher priced than alternatives. The block is a bitter disappointment but those whoopses, it turns out, sometimes come with the territory. Wished it played out differently but those are the cards that were dealt.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    I'd prefer a wired connection when I'm flashing software to my ECU. For just data logging, I'd be fine with Bluetooth- but I want a wired connection when it comes to flashing chips with new code.

I'm a luddite though, I used hard wired ethernet to everything that isn't a mobile device.

To each his own Eric. As has been said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While both approaches have their positives and negatives, in the end beauty is infact in the eye of the beholder.

The nice thing about MS3Pro systems is they provide you both approaches so the election and all that follows is in the hands of the user. Sort of a knock yourself out you can have it any way you want — pretty nice alternatives / options when everything is said and done.

Ed

When we buy a performance part or component we are fairly well conditioned to a maybe, congratulations or good luck sort of commentary from the supplier.

I want to share the MS3Pro PnP email I just received today from DIYAutoTune following up on my purchase;

I'm sorry for the intrusion into your email, but I wanted to introduce myself and see how you are doing with your project. I am the Engineering Supervisor who was in charge of the development of your MS3Pro Plug and Play ECU that you purchased for your Cobra. Good or bad, it's on me.

I'm sending this email because you ordered an ECU, and it's either already delivered or will be in the next day or two. Really, sincerely, thank you for your order. I am a bit overwhelmed at the response we received. A little secret: We produced what we thought would be a 1 month's supply of these ECUs and quietly opened our website up for ordering on a Thursday afternoon. We sold all of them by the end of the weekend. My engineering staff and I truly appreciate each and every order.

After your ECU arrives, I would appreciate any feedback you may have for me. Some particular areas of concern are:

● Did the package arrive on time and in good shape?
    ● Were all accessories present, or was anything missing?
    ● Did the provided USB drive correctly install software on your tuning PC?
    ● Were the instructions clear enough to help you quickly install the ECU and start the engine?
    ● Is there anywhere we fell short of your expectations?
    ● Further, I appreciate any additional feedback you may have for me.

I understand that you are just receiving your ECU and this may be your first experience with MS3Pro. If so, I understand there will be a learning curve. That's great! We want to help you. If you have any questions or require technical support, my support staff can be reached at [email protected]. If you have a running/tune related issue, please attach a datalog (.msl) and your current tune file (.msq) to the email, and we will take a look. Email is generally the best method for providing technical support as files can be exchanged, so I do encourage it. However, we are also available by phone M-F 10am to 4:30pm eastern at 678-261-8789 x1.

If you are a facebook user, I highly encourage you to join the user group: Megasquirt Owner's Club (MSOC)- by AMPEFI / DIYAutoTune
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/megasquirtOC/

Many of you drag race. If you do, we also have a specific drag race group: MS3Pro Dragracers
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/136076423787991/

These facebook groups can provide an incredible amount of support and information, run 24/7, and are monitored by both our staff as well as many highly skilled users and tuners. If you apply join either group, please do answer the questions.

Again, thank you for your purchase, and I look forward to hearing from you.

When was the last time you received an inquiry like that from a performance parts supplier you just purchased from?

The aftersale experience and support from the MS3Pro team at DIYAutoTune is unlike any performance manufacturer I have ever dealt with.

Very, Very Impressive!

Ed

I received the same Ed! I was EXTREMELY impressed with the after sale service and support. They definitely put the efforts in to make sure their customers are happy and get the most out of their product!
    You can tell they are in this hobby because they love it too and are not just along for the ride to make a few bucks!!

Each time I engage with these folks, Ken, I walk away more impressed than the time before.

Extraordinary product with extraordinary people!

Such a breath of fresh air.

Ed

So I got started on it. Hardest part was the install video from other thread said white bracket was 5mm, and mine was 7/32”. No biggy just my only issue.

Name:  21E6C4C1-67B3-4F15-8128-EEA51175B3D1_1570916579177.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  53C80CBE-A8F5-415A-BD6D-78362E361721_1570916590912.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  63.7 KB

I attached the vacuum line for the MAP to this vacuum hose behind the glovebox.

Name:  128E4D13-499D-4440-B49B-C7D8A5E2DCBB_1570916608943.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  69.7 KB

Finally got all plugged back in and will start tuning tomorrow as I am now in the deer stand after Watching the gamecocks beat UGA!

Name:  F399F986-DE03-4BED-9F5E-743F2C49264E_1570916625739.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  65.0 KB

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345678 Last