Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

New to Forum

625 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eschaider 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Ford enthusiast. I'm Donald and after sitting for 4 years I'm finally in the process of rebuilding my 2004 Mustang Mach 1 engine. Which is why I decided join the forum to tap into the enormous amount of experience and knowledge that you all bring to the completion of my project. Here is just little back ground of my rebuild. I decided to use the orginal 4.6L block to keep the matching numbers for the chase and block to maintain the future value of the car sense the car was only made for 2 years (2003-2004). I had the block bored out .020 and purchased a DSS Racing stocker kit, Lethal Racing custom cams and forged Scat crank. Just had 3 angle value job, replaced value seals and replaced the stock springs with PAC RPM series spring done by Arlington Machine shop, Arlington TX and Self Racing out of Durant, Oklahoma complete the internal balance of the Scat crank. In the coming weeks I will be providing pictures and posting of my progress thus far of my rebuild .
would like to give shout out to Ed post about main bearings. Was having problem finding the fully flanged thrust bearing and his answer to another post was very helpfully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.