Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Update/upgrade 2002 GT 4.6l

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  mpks92 
#1 ·
Curious how many parts I need to put a 4valve into my 02 mustang gt? My 4.6 is tired and I have been looking to get more power but not spend $7000.00 bucks. I have t56 in now. Was hoping I could get the complete motor and wiring harness computer and a tune and be done. Any help or advice highly appreciated. Thanks Preston.

#2 · (Edited)
If you buy new it is going to be way past $7,000. If you buy used you are likely still, well past $7K. If $7K is your speed limit this is not your upgrade.

The blower, manifold, throttle body, injectors, intercooler, fuel pumps, fuel hat & pumps, fuel lines and intercooler will blow right through the $7K budget and you haven't even gotten to the engine internals or freshening up the heads yet.

Ed

#4 ·
Additionally I found a company to build a solid 4.6 with forged internals. Modular head shop in Florida. They can get a 2 valve with all the extras minus a couple parts for $7500.00 with shipping. Any one use these guys. There very helpful on the phone way more then MMR has been.

#5 ·
If you aren't going to supercharge you will spend nearly $10K for maybe 50 HP more than you could have gotten by freshening your current engine for a lot less money. If that seems like a good deal to you, then you should do it.

A good question that adds insight to your decision process might sound like this. 'Should you have a choice between a half eaten hamburger or a fresh hamburger why would you not choose the half eaten hamburger?'

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.