Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

New Member from Waco

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  eschaider 
#1 ·
Looking for a suggestion
Has anyone been successful using a CalVan Spark Plug thread repair on a 4Valve, or is Time-Sert the only option?

#2 ·
Heads are expensive, time is irreplaceable. Only use Lock-N-Stitch. They are the only Ford approved repair for any of the Modmotor heads, doesn't matter 2V, 3V or 4V. They simply work, period!

Everything else has gotcha's that usually get ya.

Ed

#3 ·
I used the timesert option which I think is much like calvan. Somehow, maybe I overtorqued, but 2 plugs wouldn't come out without pulling the insert out as well. Became a worse pain at that point.
Wasn't aware of LocknStitch at the time but it looks like a better option after looking it up just now

#4 ·
I used the timesert option which I think is much like calvan. Somehow, maybe I overtorqued, but 2 plugs wouldn't come out without pulling the insert out as well. Became a worse pain at that point. Wasn't aware of LocknStitch at the time but it looks like a better option after looking it up just now
Everything else has gotcha's that usually get ya ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.