Knock Sensors for 03-04 Cobra and MS3Pro PnP - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Here's what I ended up picking up. I'm only running one sensor for now for various reasons. Once my ECU gets back to me I can try it out.

Knock Sensor-
    Replacement RF31120001 | CarParts.com

Stud-
    S8X10X46BLK - Step Stud Black [S8X10X46BLK] - $3.99 : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

Nut-
    Search Results : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Something was bouncing around in my head the last couple days. So I went and looked at the 2V engine I have in the garage and there's no provision for the knock sensors. I looked at the base GT tune and the knock sensors were disabled. I reached out to Matt and he said they don't have a baseline setting for the knock sensors. Even for the Mach 1 which I know has them. So I guess it's time to experiment.

Bob, you might want to validate that sensor as being usable on a Mustang. When I checked the site it indicated the sensor was not compatible with a Mach I Mustang. That may just have been a connector difference or it may be an indication the sensor was tuned to s specific frequency range for its target vehicle engine. If it is a connector issue no big deal. If it is a tuning for a specific knock frequency signature that gets us back into the tall grass and specific bore sizes and combustion chamber geometry.

I do like the price though...

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Bob, you might want to validate that sensor as being usable on a Mustang. When I checked the site it indicated the sensor was not compatible with a Mach I Mustang. That may just have been a connector difference or it may be an indication the sensor was tuned to s specific frequency range for its target vehicle engine. If it is a connector issue no big deal. If it is a tuning for a specific knock frequency signature that gets us back into the tall grass and specific bore sizes and combustion chamber geometry.

I do like the price though...

Ed
    That knock sensor is for a 2005-2010 Mustang. The calculators I found seem to only worry about bore size. Which is the same across the 4.6 board. I imagine it's the plug that makes them unable to work with the Mach 1. I changed those to weatherpack connectors anyway.

Definitely the right price and with only a connector issue it is a no brainier. Great find, Bob.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Definitely the right price and with only a connector issue it is a no brainier. Great find, Bob.

Ed
    Ed, I should probably add that price is for two sensors. I'm only running one currently because I was having issues trying to get the second wire installed on the ECU plug and I destroyed one sensor while doing some experimenting.

9. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12