Help purchasing a 2001 cobra

+ Reply to Thread

Default Help purchasing a 2001 cobra

Thank you for letting me join ! I'm thinking about buying a 2001 Mustang Cobra with 90.000 miles on it. The motor 4.6 was rebuilt and it runs real good has a 5 speed which seems to be good. After it warms up it has a knocking sound sounds like it is coming from the heads thinking I will have to redo the heads which scares me they didn't do them at time of rebuild, the interior is a 3 from 1 to 10 rating the body is a 5 overall the car rates about a 4 to 5. I can buy it for $6000.00 DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO CONFUSED !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

See if you can find a MARKVIII in your area for cheap that has a good motor, you could pick it up cheap, pull the motor and swap it out!

Senior Member Array cobraracer46's Avatar

Sounds like the car is a big pile of poop and you will flush a lot of money down the toilet if you buy it. I would find another Cobra that is in better condition because if you
    can't do the maintenance, paint/body and repair work yourself then you will spend thousands in order to make the car right.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cobraracer46 View Post
    Sounds like the car is a big pile of poop and you will flush a lot of money down the toilet if you buy it. I would find another Cobra that is in better condition because if you
    can't do the maintenance, paint/body and repair work yourself then you will spend thousands in order to make the car right.
    Agree, there are way better options on the market

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread