4.6 litre swapped into a 1956 Ford Fairlane

+ Reply to Thread

Default 4.6 litre swapped into a 1956 Ford Fairlane

I have a 4.6 liter engine out of a 1998 Lincoln Town Car swapped in a 1956 Ford Fairlane, I am looking for a wiring diagram to hook up some aftermarket gauges in the Ford or some direction as to go about hooking up these gauges. I am planning on using electronic gauges from EZ Wiring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Best source of electrical interfacing procedures will be the gauge manufacturer. You should contact them. Are you using an aftermarket ECU or an OEM ECU?

Ed

I am hoping to use the ECM from the donor

Kevin

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Save yourself a lot of headache and money, Kevin, go aftermarket. If you intend to use an OEM gauge cluster or signals that drive an OEM gauge cluster you need to buy an MS3Pro-PNP system from DIYAutoTune.com or a Motec system. There might be others as well but by thousands (yes thousands) of dollars the MS3Pro-PNP is less expensive and provides full support for the OEM instrument cluster. Virtually all other alternatives come at a price that starts thousands of dollars higher and goes up from there, for OEM instrument support. The MS3Pro-PNP has it all prepackaged and uses the OEM harness from the target vehicle, saving you harness build out effort and expense. . MS provides support for instrument clusters from 1999 to 2004 Mustangs including the 03/04 SVT Cobra's with their slightly different gauge cluster that includes a boost gauge.

Check it out here => MS3Pro-PNP

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 04-19-2020 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added clickable link

You can get diagrams from alldatadiy it's less than $30/year.

D

8. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread