Coolant Crossover Delete on Street, Blower, Car.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Coolant Crossover Delete on Street, Blower, Car.

I have the J2Fab Intercooler and high flow cooling mod coming in soon. With how much the 3.6L hangs over it crushes the top intercooler line. I am wanting to delete the coolant crossover and add one of the coolant crossover deletes by MMR or On3 or some other to free up room in that area.

I have read posts from years ago and there seems to be many ways to go. What is the best route to go for a street driven blower 03 cobra that won’t effect cooling or is this a bad idea to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

My concerns, especially for a street driven car Josh would be coolant flow. Most of the providers use -12 or sometimes even smaller lines. I think that if I were going to do the mod (and I am) I would try these gizmos from Accufab, click here => Coolant Return Gizmo. John offers them in -16AN which approximates the original Ford tubing sizes. Additionally they are an excellent design with a good cylinder head attachment design. You still need to use -16 line to a "Y" connector and then an inline T-Stat like a Meziere piece and then back to the radiator.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I am trying to picture it in my head what pieces would be needed to finish this and if it would give me the extra room I need.

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    My concerns, especially for a street driven car Josh would be coolant flow. Most of the providers use -12 or sometimes even smaller lines. I think that if I were going to do the mod (and I am) I would try these gizmos from Accufab, click here => Coolant Return Gizmo. John offers them in -16AN which approximates the original Ford tubing sizes. Additionally they are an excellent design with a good cylinder head attachment design. You still need to use -16 line to a "Y" connector and then an inline T-Stat like a Meziere piece and then back to the radiator.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Try these guys, Josh. They can make a custom fitting to merge two -16 AN lines into a single 1.5" top radiator hose barb. This is the link => https://ipsco.org/Custom%20Services/Remote%20thermostat%20housing%20custom.htm.

There is an image about ½ to ⅔ of the way down the page of two hose barbs to AN just the opposite of what you are looking for but they can obviously build it the other way around also. If you decide to go that route let me know. I still have to order one and it might be a marginally better deal if he did two instead of just one.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 04-20-2020 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Josh,

James at cobra engineering has been advertising he will be releasing his own coolant crossover delete soon and is in testing right now. Piece looks amazing, and he is known for producing great parts at a great price. If you can wait, I would get that because you know it'll be right and he will most likely offer a complete kit. I am waiting on grabbing one myself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rob is right about Cobra Engineering's piece. I had forgotten about it. This is definitely worth a look see.

Ed

I ended up getting the Cobra Engineering Coolant Crossover Delete.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice, Josh!.

James does an exceptional job on these items.

Ed

That looks like an exceptional setup for those deleting to crossover. I may be interested in this in the future. My current setup is working ok but I'm not a fan of the routing. Any Idea when info will be released on the cobra engineering website on this?

The product is a new offering from Cobra Engineering and not yet up on the site. You should be able to see it and buy on line in the very near future, In the mean time if you want one right now, go to the CobreEngineering.com site and contact him directly for it.

Ed

13. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread