what are these ports on my intake? 4.6 dohc

+ Reply to Thread

Default what are these ports on my intake? 4.6 dohc

2000-02 continental intake manifold. I assume one is for the EVAP hose - what's the other? also, can i run the hose for my GM style MAP sensor (aftermarket efi system) to one? The swap is in a 1969 mustang and I'm running a return style fuel system with a spectre efi tank - so wasn't going to run a EVAP system anyhow.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

What ECU will you be using?

Ed

An older Accel Gen 7 DFI system

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

That is a very old system design. You would be better served with a more current implementation like one of the MS3Pro Plug-N-Play systems. That said, lets assume you continue on with your current Accel DFI system. You should connect all ECU signal I/O to its corresponding device or sensor on the engine. Sensors that have no I/O provisions on the ECU should be removed from the engine and plugged. After that start tuning.

Ed

I already have the system - bought it years ago before life got in the way and stalled this project. It's a pretty basic engine build - just a stockish rebuild so I'm not sure i'll get the benefit per dollar spent upgrading to a newer system.

The DFI system does not have a provision for a EVAP system purge valve and what not. All that aside, all I'm trying to figure out is what these ports are and whether I can connect the MAP sensor to one and possibly the fuel pressure regulator to the other. I don't want to rely on my assumption that one is for the EVAP and the other is for ??(possibly auto transmission?)
    Last edited by simplyJ; 05-15-2020 at 06:42 PM.

They look like vacuum ports.

Take the manifold off and check them out. Then either plug them or connect the sensors you see fit to each one.

Ed

9. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread