Flex Fuel Sensor MS3 - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thank you Ed. I’ll request mine to work with the 3/8” as well when I get to order mine. Thank you for the heads up on the AC Delco sensor as well. I’ll be sure to source out a reputable vendor when I buy the sensor.

Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Ken, and everyone else who reads this thread;

The AC Delco sensors have a built in temp sensor which is the third wire in the harness, so you have a fuel temperature monitoring capability should you decide to use it.

Although I have previously said this, it doesn't hurt to repeat it, The knock off versions of this sensor can be a problematic choice for a supercharged engine. Errors in the fuel content / makeup and potentially temperature, if you monitor that, can result in significant piston, cylinder, head gasket and valve damage in a supercharged engine. The few additional bucks for the genuine article is cheap money well spent.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 11-19-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Thank you Ed, as always I greatly appreciate your detailed guidance and input in this forum and past PMs!
    Do you by chance recall the vendor you purchased your AC Delco flex fuel sensor from?

Also to anyone else reading, the piece linked by Badcobra https://www.motionraceworks.com/prod...n-6an-8an-10an and discussed by Ed is back in stock at Motion Race Works. I just ordered mine.

Thanks
    Ken

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I used one of our supporting vendors, CARID. Here is a link to the sensor on their site => AC Delco Part #13577429, I don't know if it is the lowest price out there but it is definitely in the hunt.

Ed

Thank you again Ed.
    Purchased from the same supporting vendor. The price is more than fair I think to ensure an OEM piece and not a knock off. Especially considering the job it has to perform for the MS3.

Ken

Glad I hopped on here before my turkey comma kicked in. Ordered one of the sensor mounts for my winter fuel system refresh. Just gotta pull the trigger on the pump now.

Almost forgot guys, the sensor comes w/o a pigtail. The pigtail is available on Amazon (and other sites), here is the Amazon link for the pigtail I used, click here => AC Delco Flex Fuel Sensor Pigtail

Ed

10. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12