Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fired up new 4v combo at no limit. This car was discussed in another forum a couple of weeks back. Well here it is just fired it up with new ATI cog and F-1R. The car showed 25 lbs of boost on a dry rev with the datalogger . We are about to put it on the dyno.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BanginStang02 said:
Best of luck, hope you get the numbers you are looking for!!
Is there car used for the street or just stricktly for the track??
the car is a street car. We just dynoed it and within a couple of pulls the car made 550 at 5000 RPM, but it is going way lean,its running out of fuel at about 4500. Just as an example we overlayed that dyno pull with 9cobra9ATIs 680HP pull and this car with 18lbs at 5000 made 80HP more. So its a good sign of whats to come. Tomorrow we are going to put a bigger fuel pump and injectors in and make some more pulls:king

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just finished dynoing car with new fuel pump. It wont pull past 6000RPm It acts like its going against the rev Limiter. Tommorow we will correct that problem. Anyway we have impressive numbers up to 6000RPM. 611RWHP 547TQ. We had a dyno on file of a car that made 679RWHP with a JT Trim. We overlayed our car with the JT trim the results were quite impressive. We posted the results on Corral. Both blowers were making similar boost.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Very nice guys. I saw the thread on Corral. It sucks that they locked it. Oh well.. A friend of mine had his 97 Cobra on the dyno tonight and it was acting up like yalls. They think his has something to do with the FAST box. His car has a T-trim and at 6800 it was making 610RWHP. I am really impressed with you guys work. Could I buy a Procharger from yall or would I need to go through someone else? How much would an F-1 with cooler and all set me back? Once again Congrats.

Nathan

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently No Limit is not welcome on the corral. For sharing tech info our thread was locked and then removed. I would think perspective buyers would like to see the differences in supercharger brands. Guess not.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have no idea, nor did I see the thread, but if it were my JT trim power curve you were refering too, how can you say it was similar boost? Or that the setups were even remotely the same? My car was down on torque and it was obvious when I tested it at the track that the car had too short a power band. I have since changed to a stock intake and the car has TONS more mid range and low end. Other differences to note, my car had a stock computer, it was heat soaked from pass after pass on the dyno, I had no intercooler, and the fact that a F1-R is a much larger blower than the JT. And to top it off it is cog driven! Do a fair comparison for once:hammer I am not here saying the JT is the superior blower, I am here saying if you are going to compare the results of 2 blowers, base it on equal setups:rolleyes:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
96blkcobra said:
I have no idea, nor did I see the thread, but if it were my JT trim power curve you were refering too, how can you say it was similar boost? Or that the setups were even remotely the same? My car was down on torque and it was obvious when I tested it at the track that the car had too short a power band. I have since changed to a stock intake and the car has TONS more mid range and low end. Other differences to note, my car had a stock computer, it was heat soaked from pass after pass on the dyno, I had no intercooler, and the fact that a F1-R is a much larger blower than the JT. And to top it off it is cog driven! Do a fair comparison for once:hammer I am not here saying the JT is the superior blower, I am here saying if you are going to compare the results of 2 blowers, base it on equal setups:rolleyes:
Im not about to get into a pissing match with you, but will defend myself. First you are not the only owner of a JT trim that we have had the pleasure of dynoing, nor did I mention any names. Second you dont call 22lbs and 25 lbs similar. The stock computer in your car is your choice not mine. The intercooler on this car is doing very little or nothing at all sitting still in a shop thats is 100
degrees, the numbers would be higher if the intercooler had sufficient airflow. Yes the F-1R is a bigger blower but the JT trim
is vortechs best answer for a modular blower. And in your last sentence you say do a fair comparison for once as if I have compared something on here before, I dont think so. Also what does a cog have to do with it are you saying your blower was slipping the belt down low , but not at 7700RPM there again I dont think so, your car was having no problems making boost. Finally your car had way more cool down time than most cars. I dont hardly think it was heat soaked.:king

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
630RWHP and 560LBFT at 6500RPM
My car makes nowhere near 22psi at 6500. It makes about 16psi. No, I do not call that similar boost. The reason you are not running a 8-rib belt on that F-1R is because the F-1R has too much of a stepup for an 8-rib and it breaks belts. I am in no way trying to get into a pissing contest, I just wanted to get the facts straight. Which I think I have.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
96blkcobra said:
My car makes nowhere near 22psi at 6500. It makes about 16psi. No, I do not call that similar boost. The reason you are not running a 8-rib belt on that F-1R is because the F-1R has too much of a stepup for an 8-rib and it breaks belts. I am in no way trying to get into a pissing contest, I just wanted to get the facts straight. Which I think I have.
I didnt say that yours made 22lbs at 6500 it made that at about 7000 or more. But the car I am talking about didnt make 22 at 6500 either. Now the car dry reved to 25lbs but i never said what it made on the dyno and know i didnt say what it made at 6500.

·
Registered
53 Posts
:smash

Apparently No Limit is not welcome on the corral. For sharing tech info our thread was locked and then removed. I would think perspective buyers would like to see the differences in supercharger brands. Guess not.
Corral.net SUCK!

Modularfords.com forum is much better anyway!

·
Registered
482 Posts
The Korral has grown way too big and Ihara has some moderators that have let the power go to their heads and he has trusted some of the wrong people unfortunately.

Additionally half the questions are about Altezza's and how-to install neon....the other half have been asked repeatedly and if the 15 year old kids had a clue they would so a S-E-A-R-C-H first to find the info instead of starting another thread just to say 'Yo! People with xxxxxx in herez nowz!'

Any forums/boards I moderate were told up front....anyone who makes a post like that will be locked for a week :D Speak English people, it's not that hard :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Any dyno numbers yet?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts