Total newbie here PLEASE HELP !!!!! procharger p1sc 03 f150 4.6

+ Reply to Thread

Default Total newbie here PLEASE HELP !!!!! procharger p1sc 03 f150 4.6

hello everyone im new to forums and new to anything with a power adder and I'm having a problem its a 03 f150 4.6 with a p1sc procharger with a 3 core intercooler and the problem im having is sometimes when I get into it weather its full throttle or a lil bit off the floor when I hit peak rpms and boost my truck just falls completely on its face like it ran out of gas or you just shut the key off it doesn't die it just lays over but you can let off the pedal all the way and then get back in it and its OK sometimes it'll run all the way through the fears at full boost and rpm and sometimes it doest it again then after a few pulls it will be ok I have no codes other than the iac but I took it out cleaned it put it back in and reset the codes and the problem still exist and now there is no codes if anyone has am idea or has experienced this your help would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Update. Today I took the procharger belt off and drove it n/a and it still does it so its not boost related

Do a data log and lets see what it says.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

How do I do that

Also just to had I have a fuel pressure gauge and the psi doesn't drop at all when this happens and when it does happen the truck will not shift on to the next gear till I let off the gas

Tuning software products will have a data logging capability. Some companies will offer devices that can be used to load a tune but are not tuning s/w. These devices can have data logging capabilities. Absent these tools you might want to find a good dyno shop near you and take the vehicle over there to reproduce the whoops on the dyno during a pull, while data logging.

After the pull review the data for what is or is not happening and then take the necessary steps to correct it. Once you know the origins of the problem then you will be better prepared to go about correcting it. Right now the only thing possible is make a guess at what you think is causing the problem, make a change based on the guess and see what happens. If you guess wrong, then you start over and guess again.

If you can not reproduce the problem while data logging either on or off the dyno, then you are going to have a long search process stretch out before you.

Ed
    Last edited by eschaider; 10-28-2020 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

I have no way to get it on a dyno the closest one to me is mustang Mike from Memphis Street outlaws shop and I don't have the money for all that the truck has got the where its doing it every time you floor it now

Until you can get and learn how to use the diagnostic tools to determine what is going wrong, the best you can do is an eclectic sort of R&R style diagnostic on a best guess basis. The obvious, although apparently unavailable/unacceptable alternative is to take the vehicle to a shop that specializes in these sorts of situations and pay them to do the work for you.

Ed

Yeah was really just looking for someone else who had already fixed the same issue usually when things go wrong especially on a popular vehicle more than one person has had that same problem

While problems can be similar and sometimes even identical they can also easily be vehicle specific. This site tends to hav PD blown and turbo engine advocates more so than Centrifuged advocates. That is not to say we do not have Centri advocates their numbers are just smaller.

You might want to try some sites that have a Centri blower focus. Although I suspect they will also ask for data logs you could also possibly come across someone who has experienced the exact same issues. The other good source would be the ProCharger User forums. That could easily be the most fertile soil to go digging in.

Good luck in your search.

Ed

It has nothing to do with the procharger I took the belt off and dc the procharger and still does it

14. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread