I am new here, just signed up.

+ Reply to Thread

Default I am new here, just signed up.

Thanks for letting me into the forums. I own a 1987 Mustang GT that I have had since 1999. It has a few problems. That I will address later.

Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang69 View Post
    Thanks for letting me into the forums. I own a 1987 Mustang GT that I have had since 1999. It has a few problems. That I will address later.

Thanks again.
    Whats gd

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Default gd?????

I am replying and wondering what you meant? You asked me whats gd?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I am replying and wondering what you meant? You asked me whats gd?
    Thats slang sorry like welcome lol any pics of the car

I should have some on this computer I will look. in the meantime, I tried to send this message out, but it asks for a recipient? I thought maybe if I threw it out there, it was general to everyone. I guess not, but maybe you can help me figure out how to post it to the forum? here is what I wrote: I have a 1987 Mustang GT that will not start. it has always been in the garage, and I tried to start it, and it will spin over nicely, just not start. I know it needs 3 things to start, as with any internal combustion engine. Fuel, Air and ignition. So I started at the very back of the car, and you should be able to hear the fuel pump run. There is no sound. So, I think it might be a fuse. Nothing there that relates to the fuel pump. I take each fuse out and replace with a new ones. Still nothing. I am trying to figure out if the connection on top of the fuel pump could be a problem. I am not sure how to get it off. Do you turn it clockwise, as i tried to pull it off and that's a no go. I figure if I can get it off, I can test for volts going to the top of the fuel pump. I really don't want to drop the tank, so I look to the drivers side in the back and there is a switch for from what I am told, is a switch , so if rear ended, it cuts power to the fuel pump. It seems to have 2 positions on it, like on, or off, so I try that. still no noise from the fuel pump. Since I hear no noise from the pump. I assume there is no fuel in the fuel rail. I have not depressed the shraeder valve to find out. Is there something else I might have over looked? Thank you.

I should have some on this computer I will look. in the meantime, I tried to send this message out, but it asks for a recipient? I thought maybe if I threw it out there, it was general to everyone. I guess not, but maybe you can help me figure out how to post it to the forum? here is what I wrote: I have a 1987 Mustang GT that will not start. it has always been in the garage, and I tried to start it, and it will spin over nicely, just not start. I know it needs 3 things to start, as with any internal combustion engine. Fuel, Air and ignition. So I started at the very back of the car, and you should be able to hear the fuel pump run. There is no sound. So, I think it might be a fuse. Nothing there that relates to the fuel pump. I take each fuse out and replace with a new ones. Still nothing. I am trying to figure out if the connection on top of the fuel pump could be a problem. I am not sure how to get it off. Do you turn it clockwise, as i tried to pull it off and that's a no go. I figure if I can get it off, I can test for volts going to the top of the fuel pump. I really don't want to drop the tank, so I look to the drivers side in the back and there is a switch for from what I am told, is a switch , so if rear ended, it cuts power to the fuel pump. It seems to have 2 positions on it, like on, or off, so I try that. still no noise from the fuel pump. Since I hear no noise from the pump. I assume there is no fuel in the fuel rail. I have not depressed the shraeder valve to find out. Is there something else I might have over looked? Thank you.
    Ok good job first.
    Secondly let me say grab some starter fluid if she spins and runs on that. Then yes its a fuel issue. The Schrader valve should be a true way to determine fuel at the rail. If none found then yes the pump itself failed. The fuel system is pretty simple. If u checked fuses and honestly if u can there is no fuel in the rails then bad pump.

Quote Originally Posted by asbenjamin101 View Post
    Ok good job first.
    Secondly let me say grab some starter fluid if she spins and runs on that. Then yes its a fuel issue. The Schrader valve should be a true way to determine fuel at the rail. If none found then yes the pump itself failed. The fuel system is pretty simple. If u checked fuses and honestly if u can there is no fuel in the rails then bad pump.

I always start with those steps. Honestly try that and let's see what happens.
    IG BENNI614_TURBO2V

Thanks much. The valve will be next. I have heard that you can spray starting fluid up where the air cleaner is. I guess its worth a shot, or the other way we use to do it is pull the plugs and spray some in each cylinder. That would take a little longer tho.

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to the garage. Thanks much.

Thanks much. The valve will be next. I have heard that you can spray starting fluid up where the air cleaner is. I guess its worth a shot, or the other way we use to do it is pull the plugs and spray some in each cylinder. That would take a little longer tho.

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to the garage. Thanks much.
    I have never sprayed every single cylinder.
    Just make sure u don't spray it where the maf is never do that. It will ruin it

12. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread