Fuel system on my 2v

+ Reply to Thread

Default Fuel system on my 2v

I havenít touched my car in years lol but Iím getting around to messing with it again. My fuel system is shot. My tank is out, it actually donít look to bad inside, just trying to figure the route to be 600+ range. Can I fuel hat this tank , can I do a cell without to much trouble? Itís not a dd, and will just be driven on the street just for fun. I donít care about noise so is a inline setup ok? Had ďFocus pumps in my gt tank the last time it made power ,but has been switched since. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Well 600 is easy but the returnless setup is a nightmare lol
    Currently I'm trying to make 650 and Currently at 540 on my turbo setup so in my opinion
    Ditch the returnless and swap to return style
    Way easier after that.
    Swap injectors
    Triple fuel pump
    And better fuel rails.
    I am swapping my setup over to innovations return style or might go with lethal performance myself
    What engine setup or adder will you choose

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, when this car last made power, everyone just went with a cobra/bap setup. I had a cobra hat in my gt tank at that time but that stuff has been gone years ago. Engine is a normal built 2v. Cobra crank, cp piston, h beams, arp, bes worked heads. Car had a d1 on it in 05ish with just the bottom end done and it made great power. Leaning turbo, as my good friend just put a setup on his coyote and is now a expert(so he says) lol. Are you using your stock gt tank? Planning on sumping it or anything? I wouldnít mind just doing a cell but didnít know how the wiring/pump setup would be

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Boostd2valve View Post
    Yeah, when this car last made power, everyone just went with a cobra/bap setup. I had a cobra hat in my gt tank at that time but that stuff has been gone years ago. Engine is a normal built 2v. Cobra crank, cp piston, h beams, arp, bes worked heads. Car had a d1 on it in 05ish with just the bottom end done and it made great power. Leaning turbo, as my good friend just put a setup on his coyote and is now a expert(so he says) lol. Are you using your stock gt tank? Planning on sumping it or anything? I wouldnít mind just doing a cell but didnít know how the wiring/pump setup would be
    Negative on3 performance has a whole setup for like 1k with a cobra tank

Swapping the tank fuel hat pumps and adjustable pressure. Running the new lines and thats it. Wiring is plug in play mostly

Are you running there turbo setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Boostd2valve View Post
    Are you running there turbo setup?
    Yes sir.
    Currently running there 76/65 turbo and all Currently going bigger turbo selling that one because either have no use for it but yes. I have videos if u want me to send to u

Senior Member Array cobraracer46's Avatar

I would find a 2003-2004 Terminator fuel tank and pump combination as that platform can support over 600HP no problem. Secondly, I would steer clear of a return fuel system conversion to avoid drivability head aches. Finally, the factory fuel rails can support over a 1000 HP so there is no need to install aftermarket fuel rails.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraracer46 View Post
    I would find a 2003-2004 Terminator fuel tank and pump combination as that platform can support over 600HP no problem. Secondly, I would steer clear of a return fuel system conversion to avoid drivability head aches. Finally, the factory fuel rails can support over a 1000 HP so there is no need to install aftermarket fuel rails.
    I had to install the aftermarket rails due to my intake setup.
    I didn't think of that tbh about the fuel system

Anyone know off hand how many feet of -8 from the tank to the rails, and whatís a good inline filter? Thanks

I am not certain how you intend to drive the car but you might want to consider that from a driver's seat perspective the most responsive driving experience will be with a PD blower. Centrifugal compressors, whether crank driven or exhaust driven need to come up to speed to produce boost. If you sit at a Christmas Tree and come up against a two step with your transbrake on, you can build immediate power. When you drive your car on the street that is not a practical alternative.

You might want to spend a little time determining if you are attempting to hit a particular power number for bragging purposes or if you are shooting for an upgrade in the responsiveness of the car from a driver's seat perspective. They have different solutions and for the most part what works in one scenario is not as good a solution in the other.

Ed

Thanks!. The last combo in the car was a pro charger setup, which worked well on the street. I do feel there is more room to grow with a turbo setup. Iím still planning to drive the car a little on the street but itís not gonna be a dedicated street car as it once was. Car will not be a dyno queen, as numbers donít mean much to me but I do use numbers to determine what parts will work or not work with a setup. I did end up with a nice little twin pump setup, but I am upgrading my feed line just in case I want to use e85.

15. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread