Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

ford customer service (what service)

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  camunaro2000 
#1 ·
as most of you read already i am one of the many people here who have the imagination of "the ticking head"

so today i went to a SVT dealer and asked to speak to someone about the situation of the chirping and the ticking in the motor. so this guy comes out sees me standing there and strike up a 10 minute conversation with some other guy who was a customer from a time before.

anyway after about 10 mins the guy comes over and i explain the noises and things and he says i know nothing about it there is no such thing. after telling him that i spoke to SVT personally and reading up on it (in these forums) and that im not the only one having the problem, he decided to have a listen (keep in mind this guy is like 65 yrs old). i pop the hood fire the car up and he listens for 5 seconds and says i dont hear anything. i laugh and say i can hear it from here. he says "no you dont cause there is nothing to hear and if you dont beleive me then take it somewhere else" im like this isnt happening. so i start arguing withthe guy and ask him if there wassomeone else who wasnt as old and deaf as he was to have a listen. he just walked away and told me to go somewhere else.

SO I DID.........

went to another ford dealership, asked to speak to the manager of service. he comes out has a listen, hears it both chriping and ticking tells me it is normal and that the motor sounds great. my reply yeah if your a chipmunk. anyway then another machinic comes over telling me it is the solinoids in the injectors......is that anywhere near the fender bearings???? at least they acknowledged there was a noise.....maybe the old grup should turn up his hearing aid.....ANYWAY, i told him i wanted it fixed and he says well there is nothing wrong with it and that it sounded good and the motor ran fine. then started telling me about his cougar....i dont care, just fix my friggin car.

It is pretty embaressing when people are checking the car out at a red light and it is going chirp chirp tick tick chrip chrip.......is this the service i can expect from ford???? any sugestions????

peace
C.

See less See more
#2 ·
Forget the Ford Dealers!

Try a Lincoln/Mercury Dealer, they certainly can't be any worse. Visit with the Service Mgr., first and point him toward the the Head Replacement TSB. Simply ask him if he can authorize the replacement under the warranty, if so, please get them ordered.

Tell him you lost confidence in the Ford dealers to do any thing right. You just really don't want them touching your car.

#4 ·
I had a similar problem when I brought mine in for the tick a few days ago. They said that the engine has so much aluminum components that transmit sounds, it's normal. WTF? Aluminum heads and all the sudden the whole motor is an Aluminum loudspeaker.

It's complete BS. You just have to make a better case for yourself. I called SVT and they said to talk to the service manager and ask for a field service engineer (FSE) to come out and hear your car. I did exactly that. And so should you.

I'll let you know what the FSE says next week.

#5 ·
The nicer you are to the people@ the dealership the further you will get. If you come across to being a jerk then they are not going to help you. I'm not saying you are with them. This is problem that many people have had with dealers. But many people have also had very good luck with certain dealers. Me personally I have very good dealer, but I'm not willing to have anyone, except for myself work on car. But ar has never gave me any problems,(the vib, stall, tick or whatever else). Trust me the nicer you are the more they are willing to help. I worked for a dealer years ago. You get the shit beat out of you by just about everyone. But once in a while a nice person would come in, then we would bend over backwards to help them.

#6 ·
camunaro2000 said:
as most of you read already i am one of the many people here who have the imagination of "the ticking head"

so today i went to a SVT dealer and asked to speak to someone about the situation of the chirping and the ticking in the motor. so this guy comes out sees me standing there and strike up a 10 minute conversation with some other guy who was a customer from a time before. (keep in mind this guy is like 65 yrs old). C.
Well, I'm 64 and although my hearing isn't what it was a quarter of a century ago, I can still hear a ticking head when I see one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.