Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also posted on SVTperformance

Would it be possible to change out the 03 Cobras short block and put in a 5.4 Triton block with a Modmax stroker kit? If this is possible and it was done with Modmax's ModMax Ultra Billet Crank, Manley Billet connecting rods, Custom race ModMax-CP Pistons, etc.. than with the Kenne Bell we could run 20+ PSI of Boost on the street with a lowed CR and make some serious power. You could also sell the stock blower and short block to recoup much of the money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see how you think that would be ruining an 03. If the car made 800 RWHP I think it would be one awsome Cobra.

G

·
you would have to replace the entire drive train to do it. as well as a new computer system. all that would be reused would be the body, wheels, brakes and interior

G

·
you could get 800rwhp out of this block. just need a big turbo annd enoough fuel.

supras do it with 3.0 inline 6 cyls

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you would have to replace the entire drive train to do it. as well as a new computer system. all that would be reused would be the body, wheels, brakes and interior
I thought that just the short block would have to be replaced and the stock Cobra computer and T56 could be used. Can you explain why everything would have to be replaced?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I know they would eventually but am I wrong in believing that the 4.6 block will swap out for the 5.4 and the Heads and everything will bolt right on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts