Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Water Meth Injection on high Compression NA?

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Ponyman460 
#1 ·
Water Meth Injection on high Compression NA? Alright, first off, no flaming me for thinking about this.

I have been learning a bit about the Water/Meth kits thanks to my friends with 03/04 Cobras...and the principal idea supports the idea that it would benefit a higher compression (my 11.5:1) NA motor.

I have read that one "could" see as much as 120 octane with the kit.

would the cost be worth the reward?

#4 ·
Good info from the link.

I do know that STEEDA.CA on Ontario put a stage 2 Boost Cooler on a 99 GT with a Vortech S-trim. Now I don't know what psi he is running, but it dynoed the following:

before after
377 rwhp/369 tq 415 rwhp/399 tq

Dropped .67 sec. in the 1/4 and gained 7.33 mph.

Not bad for a few hundred $$ bolt on.

#7 ·
Water/Methanol will benfit boosted applications way more than NA for its cooling affect on the superheated intake charge. If I were you I would run a decent shot of nitrous on that high compression motor. The Water/Meth will benefit any setup, but is really shines when it is used in conjunction with a boosted application. You could run meth and a shot of nitrous if you wanted. The Meth would keep the vehcle safe due to the ability to run more timing. Meaning if you keep your timing normal, you will be safer. You can also run the vehicle a little more rich than normal with the Meth and wont lose an aweful lot of power but be safer. I would reccomend running a shot of nitrous, maybe a pretty decent sized one if your built well. I would assume that if your running that high of compression that you rebuilt with forged components. Nitrous will add alot more power than Meth will on your setup. Do the nitrous first, and then after that, see if you want a little more.

#8 ·
thanks, but unfortunately I am not working with forged internals. I have an aluminum explorer block, with 99/01 cobra rods and pistons.

I am aware of the benefit of juice, but I dont think my bottom end can handle that. I think the 20-30 hp I may get from the meth kit would be way safer.

Rick

#9 ·
Ponyman460 said:
thanks, but unfortunately I am not working with forged internals. I have an aluminum explorer block, with 99/01 cobra rods and pistons.

I am aware of the benefit of juice, but I dont think my bottom end can handle that. I think the 20-30 hp I may get from the meth kit would be way safer.

Rick
Did you get that explorer block already with Cobra internals in it or build it that way? Was it preassembled by someone else? It would be awesome if it was already forged. Oh well, when you do have the money you can also get it bored way out and sleeved by VT. High compression forged N/A 324 with a big shot of nitrous sounds mean! Expensive, but mean. IF your only going for a low power boost then nitrous can still be a contender. You should be able to run about a 100 shot through there on a good tune with no problems. Meth will be fine too but will not yield as much power as a small shot of nitrous. As long as you keep the nitro shot small you wont have any problems with the "stock" internals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.